DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fly a mavic mini drone at local parks in Canada

cilantro

Reactions
I just got my mini and did some research. According to this government page :"Use of drones at Parks Canada places", it shows " All Parks Canada places are “no drone zones” for recreational use ". I understand flying drones in national/provincial/municipal parks is definitely prohibited. But how about local parks?

Local parks depend on local regulations and bylaws.
For example, I recently contacted the City of Fredericton, NB and they said that there are no bylaws prohibiting use of drones in city parks as long as they are flown in accordance with Transport Canada regulations and you don't violate any other bylaws.

Although I often apply the 'easier to ask forgiveness than permission' approach in other things (like buying new drones), I am very clear on the idea that ignorance of the law is not a valid defense. And I would rather ask permission to fly than try to ask a judge for forgiveness...

Look up you local bylaw enforcement and ask them nicely. If you have a Transport Canada operator's certificate, maybe include that information. Make your request for information in such a way that it doesn't get them thinking 'there oughta be a law...'. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky