DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I get a recommendation for a bright android mid range phone for mavic?

Steve73

Reactions
I was looking at the moto x4 (I'll be using this phone as an actual phone as well as a display) and being located in the uk I cant get the cheaper wunderphones etc. The moto's brightness specs seem to vary wildly online from 430 nits to over 500 - should i be looking at ips or amoled? I was also looking at the lenovo p2 (bit old) and the moto g5s.

anyone have any real world experience of mid range phones with decent ram (2gb or more) and a bright-enough display (in sunlight) budget around the 200 mark?

Samsung J7, been using it since Mar 2017 0 to non issue issue and bright and capable enough to run G0 4 app.

Reactions: Youser
Cheers buddy, looks like that has an "outdoor mode" which cranks up the brightness to 484 nits, sounds like a winner

I use a Moto G4+ and have had no issues, screen wise AMOLED is a lot brighter tho. My samsung sIII has amoled and it's BRIGHT, but even still in direct sunlight they will all have issues to some degree here and there, I thought about getting one of those bag hoods for the phone on the remote to compensate for when summer comes

I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, 4GB RAM and 64gb internal memory for about £125. The 3GB model with 32GB memory can be had for around £115.

Haven't had too many flights with it but flew three batteries yesterday with no problems. I think it reaches 484 nits.

I did have the app crash on it a couple of times before I tampered with the settings.

Stopped updating App & Mavic waaaay back I dedicated my old Samsung Note 3 which has an amazing screen for the sole purpose of flying my Mavic - BIG screen never loses signal DOESN'T overheat. You can get them cheap these days.

Just to follow up on this - got the samsung 8+ . Screen's great, really bright, the aspect ratio's a bit weird though, I'm a photographer first and drone pilot second so it's taking a little while to get my composition right on this really wide screen! But works flawlessly so far connection wise and usb-c >>>> micro usb by a long shot

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661