DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Someone Figure out Why Mavic 2 'Waypoint' PANS are AWAYS JERKY???

Yes, it is pretty straight forward. I came from Filmora and I remember very well how daunting Resolve seemed at first. I ended up watching a lot of YouTube videos about basically "Resolve for Dummies" (which falls right in my bailiwick).

Here's how to stabilize in Resolve 16.

1. In the Edit tab, turn on the Inspector
2. Select the clip you want to stabilize
3. Double click Stabilization in the Inspector if it's not already open
4. Click "Stabilize" and wait a few seconds while it does it's thing

You can experiment with the different settings for more or less stabilization. In the clip I posted I set the Smooth to .70 and left everything else at defaults.
Thanks for the great reply. I will give it a shot later or tomorrow.

I heard back from Adam Lisberg at DJI.

"I’m sorry it’s been such a hard time to get your message heard. I’ve confirmed that this issue has in fact been reported, and it’s in development for a fix. I can’t tell you when that will happen, but it’s in process. So hang in there. Thank you for your patience."

For now I will take this at face value and hope.

He has heard from others so I don't see a reason for contacting him further about this issue.

Thanks to all that have helped draw attention.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for the update! Unfortunately, they said that same thing eight months ago. Their engineering team must be too busy coming up with new whizbang features that nobody cares about.

Just an update... I called DJI Support yesterday to demanded that they them get the jerky waypoint issue addressed ( I know one call isn’t going to get this issue addressed) ....I shared with the rep that there is a large number of Mavic 2 customers who are posting about this issue in multiple online blogs.DJI Support said they would review the issue with their developers and get back to me in 24 to 48 hrs. What they may not quite understand yet is that I’ll be calling them twice a week, every week until this issue is resolved!!! I encourage you to call support and make your critical concerns known. It will take 5 minutes of your time and I think we will get action if enough of us relentlessly voice out dissatisfaction ( there a big company so we need to stick together on this to register). DJI support phone number is (818) 235-0789....please call!

Just an update... I called DJI Support yesterday to demanded that they them get the jerky waypoint issue addressed ( I know one call isn’t going to get this issue addressed) ....I shared with the rep that there is a large number of Mavic 2 customers who are posting about this issue in multiple online blogs.DJI Support said they would review the issue with their developers and get back to me in 24 to 48 hrs. What they may not quite understand yet is that I’ll be calling them twice a week, every week until this issue is resolved!!! I encourage you to call support and make your critical concerns known. It will take 5 minutes of your time and I think we will get action if enough of us relentlessly voice out dissatisfaction ( there a big company so we need to stick together on this to register). DJI support phone number is (818) 235-0789....please call!

The LA number you call essentially routes you to a support center in the Philippines. Those employees have little to no contact with the “real” DJI employees and those workers know absolutely nothing about DJI or the products it sells. They are essentially instructed to just read off the website.

The fact that this significant problem has gone on for over 9 months is completely insane. Despite what they told you, you will not hear back from them in 24-48 hours. And when you do follow up, you won’t be told anything new whatsoever.

If you want to express how unacceptable this is, I suggest you reach out directly to specific DJI “higher-ups”. Ed Windham may be a good person to get info from since has has direct communication with the team that’s responsible for not fixing this: [email protected]

Reactions: Thomas B

So- how’d that 48hr follow-up go? Told ya..

Reactions: Bill Ludwig
Here's an example I shot today of the known Waypoint panning problem with the Mavic 2 series and the same clip stabilized in Davinci Resolve.

Th<nks for the information. But do u know how we can stabilizate it in Premiere Pro? Which keywords should i search for in YouTube?
(Sorry for my eng. im from Germany my eng is broken)

Th<nks for the information. But do u know how we can stabilizate it in Premiere Pro? Which keywords should i search for in YouTube?
I'm from the US and we don't speak english good either (example). Never used Premiere Pro, but I just searched YouTube for "stabilizing video in premiere pro" and got pages and pages of hits.

Reactions: Marshall1981
FYI - according to Litchi - they checked in with the SDK team. The SDK team said the firmware team have NO updates regarding fixing this. It isn't happening anytime soon.

DJI has absolutely no interest in fixing this issue.
That would be correct, Sir. They have moved onto other items. 10 months in and no fix for such an obvious issue. Their spokesman even confirmed they know about the problem, but they are "busy" and the engineers' time is "valuable." I guess too valuable to fix this glaring issue. Oh well.

Reactions: Bill Ludwig
Premiere Pro - Effects - Warp Stabilizer.
Hakon

FYI - according to Litchi - they checked in with the SDK team. The SDK team said the firmware team have NO updates regarding fixing this. It isn't happening anytime soon.
This is really sad. It is probably a showstopper for me as I like to use Litchi and now testing Dronelink for mission planning. I just sold my Mavic Pro and got the Mavic 2 Pro. I soon become aware of the jerky panning. My Mavic 1 was butter smooth in comparison.
Hakon

This is a serious flaw. I had a Mavic Pro before the M2P. I thought DJI had and excellent product so I upgraded. When I first got the M2P, I assumed DJI would fix this, along with the missing fixed wing mode. Now I can clearly see that DJI doesn't really care to fix these things. Its been well over a year and no mention of a fix. Losing confidence in DJI.

Here's an example I shot today of the known Waypoint panning problem with the Mavic 2 series and the same clip stabilized in Davinci Resolve.

In the video you said "Straight from the SD Card". Personally I would never do that. Play them on the hard drive. BTW, my curved turns in Litchi are great. My M2Z knows nothing of the known issue.

In the video you said "Straight from the SD Card". Personally I would never do that. Play them on the hard drive. BTW, my curved turns in Litchi are great. My M2Z knows nothing of the known issue.
Check the forums. The issue is dead. This problem was fixed in a firmware update months ago. Also the media went from the sd card to an nvme drive to Resolve then rendered back to the nvme drive then Youtube. Did you really think I was doing playback on YouTube from an sd card?

I just want to add to previous posts re: Litchi. While I have grown to be a big fan, there are some features missing that I think are important. I have been flying Waypoints for the past couple of weeks, getting used to it, so I haven't been using DJI Go.

Yesterday my MPP went for a 3 km round-trip to a forest/reservation behind out rural property to see if I could spot some feral dogs that have been terrorising cattle in the area.

Because the remote location is above my launch-point (by some 30-40m), I went to a significant altitude to make sure I cleared tree-tops.

I received the following warnings that I don't get in Litchi;

- Altitude: warned me that I was above the allowable altitude for my region (120m).
- Distance: warned me (at about 1.2 km) that the drone was probably out of sight. Truth is I lose actual sight at about 60m altitude and 200m away from me
- Audible warnings that the controller signal was dropping ... it wasn't, it stayed at 100% for much of the duration, but must have had a 'moment'. But it was good to hear the warning.

I'm also a bit annoyed the flight data from Litchi flights isn't recorded to the DJI Go app, but that's not important.

To the first point, in the future I will probably launch from a farm closer to the forest, which sits on a ridge and therefore the altitude concerns (being +/- launch spot) aren't as relevant.

I hope warnings/events find their way into future versions of Litchi. I think they're important, particularly for the part-time/recreational drone user.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki