DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you say Mavic 2 imminent in 15 days ?

Absolutely! And hopefully a Phantom 5 Pro to make it sweet!:D
P5 will be announced for delivery by the end of the year and will complete the product line rework for this year. Spark ($400) | MA ($800) | M2 ($1400 with HB camera) | P5 ($1800-$2200 depending on lens options) They all fit into their slots nicely.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
i personally can't wait but current funds will force me to wait for at least a few weeks before I decided to jump onboard. Also need to sell a few drones to justify it.

I wonder if there will be a Phantom 5 with the 1" sensor
It seems like they'd have to at least offer a 1" sensor option. It's a bigger aircraft, so it would have no problem toting around that extra weight.

We all hope so. I feel bad for you guys up in Michigan. It'll probably be 0 degrees by then but even here in Georgia it'll be in the 30s or 40s. I'm sure some of you diehard pilots will fly it as soon as you get it no matter how cold it is outside.

Or just ship here to Vegas and I will test them for you guys... LOL

I bought a new one a couple weeks ago from Micro Center for $700. In store purchase only, limit one per household. It was a glorious (new old stock) with the internal SD card installed, made in the fall of 2017. It operates perfectly. My other 2 MP's were made in the spring of 2018, and one had compass issues, and the other had a bad gimbal. As much as I would like a MP2, I can't justify it at twice the price, since I though I would worry twice as much about crashing it...... Being able to record 4k while using the goggles at 1080p might sway me though.

**** me I’d buy one. I’m an hgtv cameraman (tv), and have absolutely loved the MP. Camera is pretty awesome already. I imagine the new camera will be a lot better, as DJI surely listened to all of us saying that was the weak point of the MP. Although I must say it does not look too out of place alongside my footage from my $150,000 Pro Panasonic, at least for the 3 second bumpers it’s used for currently... an even better camera makes me a better cameraman!

**** me I’d buy one. I’m an hgtv cameraman (tv), and have absolutely loved the MP. Camera is pretty awesome already. I imagine the new camera will be a lot better, as DJI surely listened to all of us saying that was the weak point of the MP. Although I must say it does not look too out of place alongside my footage from my $150,000 Pro Panasonic, at least for the 3 second bumpers it’s used for currently... an even better camera makes me a better cameraman!

I hear what your saying ...
and thank you for sharing.

Didn't know there were any more Cameramen.? Like the automaker thought you all have been replace with "Automation".?

Sooooo if I get a better "Engine"
Does that make me a better "Engineer".?
Like the ol saying goes
anybody can drive a fast car fast ...It take skill do drive a slow car fast
Who you foolin sharpie ...
I believe you have some skill
.....or you would have been replace by now

And if you wanted to come clean on any trick you have learned about shooting video/pictures with the Mavic I would listen (just dumb it down a little)
So we the one without skills can up our game...Maybe injoy our mavic just a bit more......cR

And if you wanted to come clean on any trick you have learned about shooting video/pictures with the Mavic I would listen (just dumb it down a little)
So we the one without skills can up our game...Maybe injoy our mavic just a bit more......cR
Hehe. You know, I find that the most important thing about nice footage is composition and movement of the camera/drone. It's pretty easy to find the good camera settings to get nice looking pictures, but the skill I'm trying hard to master is the combination of moving up, left or right, with speed, while holding a certain horizon or person in the frame perfectly. All while not jerking the movement. Smoooothness is key. It's kind of like a drummer needing to do something different with all 4 appendages at the same time. Takes a LOT of patience, time and sticktoitness...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000