DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you view live video from a Mavic Pro on a second screen?

earljf31

Reactions
Can you view live video from a Mavic Pro on a second screen? We are starting to use drones for search and rescue and I was wondering if you can send the video feed to a second controller.

You can buy a 2nd controller and bind it so it'll have the video feed too, yes.
The goggles might be even better if the point is to look at detail in real time.

Can you view live video from a Mavic Pro on a second screen?.

Hi earljf31, Check on my thread on this: Streaming directly to laptop from DJI Go 4 App

This will allow you to have a feed going to a laptop or similar, which then could be plugged into something like a 50-inch TV. This would allow several non-pilot onlookers to view the stream (albeit with a 5 second delay).

I have airplayed my screen to tv screen in house. It worked ok
I was wondering about this...Probably too laggy to fly using the TV, but probably a good picture for spectating?

Have done both it’s a bit laggy

Edit: I will say that I was using a 3rd party app to airplay to a firetv box. I haven’t got a applets box. If I can find a used one I would imagine that it will work better

Last edited:
I think you can use a fire TV stick. Going to try it later on in the week.

I have also been looking for a solution to this and I have finally found a way. I use my Samsung phone which has Smart View. This allows the phone's screen to be mirrored to a Miracast enabled device such as a Samsung smart tv or a tv that has a Miracast Dongle installed on it. The advantage of Miracast is it does not require a network or internet connection. The two devices create an independent wifi connection similar to WiFi Direct. You can also mirror the phone or tablet screen to a Windows 10 computer. What I really wanted to be able to do was mirror my phone to my Samsung Tablet. The problem is that the phone and tablets are only set to transmit the screen image and not receive them. After doing some research I found out that there is a Miracast receiver app called Miracast Player on Google Play Store. You need to install this on the receiver device, which in my case was my Tablet. It works pretty well and there is a bit of a delay but for a spectator it is insignificant. You then enable the Smart View option on the phone and then run the app on the tablet. I have not been able to test this yet with actual flying but it does work with the mavic sitting on my table. I definitely will try and make a video of all of this. Like I said, I have been struggling to find a solution to this and would like to make it easier for others.

You can buy a 2nd controller and bind it so it'll have the video feed too, yes.
The goggles might be even better if the point is to look at detail in real time.
You might give the goggles serious consideration. The wearer can use gimbal head tracking and the gimal will turn left/right, up/down as you turn your head. A 3-person crew could make good use of a Mavic Pro, with a pilot on controls, a visual observer, and a searcher wearing the goggles. The resolution of the goggles is quite amazing.

As others have said, you can screen-mirror the controller device, or use a second controller, or other such options as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman