DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canada doesn't want you

The ADS-B In idea on DJI in the future...at least let's the drone watch out for the bigger guys...but nothing is going to be strong enough coming from a drone for the big guys to be able to pick up. The drones are less predictable about their motions that the real thing.

The drones in NAS is a definite pyramid change for the FAA, and it isn't quite working.

Most people felt like Remote ID will ground most of drones because of several factors and will only identify drones for LEO purposes. It won't do anything to prevent incursions.
Note that ADSB proposed is broadcast only. DJI has argued against it for drones and has a demonstrated alternative.
I don’t want just anyone to be able to ID me and my location with ADSB.
ADSB will likely create criminals primarily rather than grounding drones.

Note that ADSB proposed is broadcast only. DJI has argued against it for drones and has a demonstrated alternative.
I don’t want just anyone to be able to ID me and my location with ADSB.
ADSB will likely create criminals primarily rather than grounding drones.
Maybe they think this remote ID thing that DJI has is somehow integral to ADS-B and it isn't.

Reactions: Thomas B
If I'm in the backyard flying at tree level and a 747 comes buzzing through...

We have a bigger problem than just airspace...

If I'm in the backyard flying at tree level and a 747 comes buzzing through...

We have a bigger problem than just airspace...
But this isn't really the problem. The problem is when the newb takes the drone into the backyard, it gets away from him and ends up three miles to the north under short final to runway 06L where there is a 747 moments from touchdown.

I haven't read about how it will be implemented for UAVs but if it will allow folks in ATC towers and flight decks to see them if they should cross paths, then I'm all for it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett