DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't fly farther than .5 miles

flyby11980

Reactions
I'm losing signal after flying 850m. I am a first time flyer, so I'm not sure if there is something wrong or if it's operator error. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Make sure RC antennas are properly orientated (flat surface toward AC).

EDIT: Not applicable for the Air 2.

Last edited:
Are there any structures between you and the drone when it loses signal? If so, try an unobstructed range test.

Lots of trees, and some buildings, yes. But I am in a very rural town, so I didn't think it would be so restrictive. Great idea though, I may try a range test this evening.

• Haha
Reactions: gb160
The antenna still needs to be oriented towards the aircraft from what I’ve read. The end of the antenna should point directly at the craft.31205635-F0CF-43E8-A8FF-EC8A8752425D.jpeg

Reactions: Mel 08
I've kept it facing towards the drone. I am about 4 miles from a very small airport, if I hit restricted airspace, would that cause it to say "weak signal"?

I've kept it facing towards the drone. I am about 4 miles from a very small airport, if I hit restricted airspace, would that cause it to say "weak signal"?
No, it would not. But, having trees and buildings will. You need to drastically raise altitude to get over this type of interference. Go up to 400ft altitude and if you’re brave enough, go further(but beware it’s illegal so I don’t condone it). I was able to reach a mile by going above 399ft, but you must know this is highly illegal to be going out of line of sight and above 400ft above ground level. So, if you get in trouble, we didn’t tell you to do it!!

Reactions: Brian Byrne
Having direct line of sight seems to be the largest factor for me. Once trees, buildings, etc... start getting in the way, my signal to the AC will drop quickly. Another thing is, are there power lines in the area? I've noticed that if large power lines are in the area, my range is dramatically decreased in that direction.

Lots of trees, and some buildings, yes. But I am in a very rural town, so I didn't think it would be so restrictive. Great idea though, I may try a range test this evening.

Actually it cloud. From my house If I fly over the trees I loose signal at 400 meters. If I fly in the opposite direction where the trees are far away I can get 3000 meters.

Reactions: Bill_H
I thought the Occusync on the AIR 2 would be far better than that. I have an Air one, in the heart of Phoenix and I can pull 2000 to 3200 almost everytime @400 ft. But the main interferences I have are just additional radio interferences and wifi no huge buildings.

Do a screen record then upload to youtube...get on to DJI chat and show them...they will prob ask you to send it in just as they did with mine. Mine had a this

"the Aircraft Core Board Module was damaged,which caused distance of image transmission is short"

I as getting 1200mtr clear LOS overwater and that was all...
good luck

Do a screen record then upload to youtube...get on to DJI chat and show them...they will prob ask you to send it in just as they did with mine. Mine had a this

"the Aircraft Core Board Module was damaged,which caused distance of image transmission is short"

I as getting 1200mtr clear LOS overwater and that was all...
good luck
Have you received yours back yet ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edy44