DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Car charger for smart controller

lomposlapos

Reactions
Should this be okay?

Yes, but that one is only 18 watts vs the smart controller wall charger uses 24 watts. This one does 24 watts:

All qc ( certified ) has to be backwards compatible with previous QC standards.

So it will work, if it's a lower qc standard, but may not be as fast!

Just realized I needed this post, sorry

2 questions - first, does anybody know what car usb charger indeed turns on the fast charging speed for this SC? none of proper fast chargers i have do that.

second - this charger

has 2 usb ports - do they turn on fast charging mode for smart controller?

If it is Qualcomm certified, any one should. Buy you have to make sure the USB cord you use has the data lines not power only as that is how it knows to use qc. Allot of the cheap USB charging cables don't have data lines ( by lines I mean wires )

If it is Qualcomm certified, any one should. Buy you have to make sure the USB cord you use has the data lines not power only as that is how it knows to use qc. Allot of the cheap USB charging cables don't have data lines ( by lines I mean wires )
yes, and no. i have 3 of them and each charges all phones rapidly, but not the SC. cable is fine - it charges rapidly from the original power adapter. that is why i asked for a _confirmed_ response from the owner of the car charger that indeed works. as a common theory here does not seem to do much good, dunno why.

Does it use PD and not qc? I'll have to check specs when I am off

Edit

12v 2 a I can't find qc ( yet ) certification

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190730-144646_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190730-144646_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
An Amazon link to something that works would be the best way. :)
I am tired of trying. Nothing seems to be working with it, and regular speed charge takes forever.

It's very similar to my 12V USB charger. 36W quick charge compatible with any Android and iOS mobile devices.
It works well so far.

Attachments

• USB charger.jpg
    USB charger.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 19
Yes, but that one is only 18 watts vs the smart controller wall charger uses 24 watts. This one does 24 watts:

Why do you say it's only 18W?......the product description indicates 30W.....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scATC1001