DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care refresh

I had a crash with my MPP.... hung in a tree and fell 50-60’. Used DJI online service for DJICare. They sent me a shipping label and shipping instructions. 8 days later I had an MPP delivered which I could not tell from new. They had already registered it to my DJICare. Painless and paid for itself.

I have it on my Spark and also M2P also.

Luckily, no more crashes. There are less expensive ways to insure it.

Last edited:
Better hurry you only have 48 hrs to purchase it after you activate. Of course I didn't know that until 72 hours later and now I have to make a video for DJI review

I was looking into it, for a used Air I purchased. I found State Farm was a better and cheaper solution, and no deductable.

Can you still do refresh after you purchased the drone? Like say several months afterwards?

Reactions: RonanCork
Hi Guys (oops just noticed that "Elude" posted something the same as this in the previous post)

I'm based in Ireland and have my Mavic Air since January of this year.

Is there any way I can get the DJI care refresh or something similiar at this stage (3 months after purchase) ? - as I'd really like to have peace of mind in case anything goes wrong.

Not sure why I didn't just get it at the time of purchase :-(

Any advice / guidance on it would be great.

Thanks Ronan

You have to do a verfication video...i gave up after wasting hours trying to communicate the relevant info to dji...a truly awful first two weeks of drone ownership..changed 180* witb a 5 mins call to dronecover, who offered more, and for less money..

from the DJI website:

Want to purchase DJI Care Refresh, but your product has been activated over 48 hours?
Click here to learn how.

You have to do a verfication video...i gave up after wasting hours trying to communicate the relevant info to dji...a truly awful first two weeks of drone ownership..changed 180* witb a 5 mins call to dronecover, who offered more, and for less money..

A video of the accident? What exactly are they wanting. Sounds crazy

A video of the accident? What exactly are they wanting. Sounds crazy

A video providing evidence the air craft is not damaged and capable of flying. Instructions available in the link by GHO2050 (#13).

I guess it's the price one pays for not buying protection in the 48 hours of activation, which is the easiest option available. If there are other alternatives, then that's the way to go. Unfortunately, my only recourse is the DJI Care Refresh. So will have to invest some time and energy and get that video to DJI. Hope my experience is better.

Reactions: Dronage

What's the website you used for coverage

Dronecover.co.uk
Sorry..misundertood..i hadn't had accident, just wanted insurance.
Nowhere in the buying process was dji insurance offered..
I accept my culpability entirely, but hey, i gotta job etc. and was only able to do so much pre purchase research..!
And should I really have to at that price.?!

When I try to acces thes site I get the webpage below. Also, looking for coverage I can buy in the US.
C88C1171-32E3-4E88-9270-B2B7644C9724.png

I too am a relatively new owner and missed the notification of the 48 hour window to purchase the extra coverage. So I have evaluated the required process to add on later - I certainly understand the intent behind wanting to validate that the drone is in proper working order when they issue the insurance, but the video documentation process required is laborious at best. So I checked into my homeowners policy (in US btw - Progressive Insurance)) to see if I could get a damage waiver and the answer was no - it is insured as personal property, but only for loss on premises, e.g., theft or fire - not for flying it and losing it or crashing it. So I'm looking for alternative options, hope someone might post about the US-based equivalent of Dronecover, which I believe is UK

Reactions: Dronage
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman