DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Career advancement advice please

Laggard

Reactions
I’ve been flying for a couple years now. Got my 107 and took some mapping and structure asset certification classes. Starting to get serious and push hard for work.

I have an Air 3 but have an opportunity to get an E3 at a good price. Is it worth it at this point to buy it? I’d love to have a mapping drone so I can fully learn how to use it and get some practice missions ahead of any real work.

hi Laggard as a new pilot myself I can't answer about progressing as your much further ahead of me, but I know having a website is 100% a benefit!
do you have a website?

wow loved the Cathedral vid looks huge, nice site looks modern & sleek, you need a brand logo!
if you want I'll knock a few up for free this week

Beet feet. Contractors, construction outfits, local government agencies, surveyors, etc. have a portfolio with you.

The real question I have is it worth spending a few k now?
Catch 22? If you can assemble a good portfolio without it then wait. If not, you may have to take the risk.

NO ! what is more important the the drone is really learning how to use the software such as drone link and or Drone Deploy this is how you will get bigger jobs by knowing what software will get the job done.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly the Rain. Land on the Water.

NO ! what is more important the the drone is really learning how to use the software such as drone link and or Drone Deploy this is how you will get bigger jobs by knowing what software will get the job done.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly the Rain. Land on the Water.
Well yes. But to learn the software one must have some data.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I’ve been flying for a couple years now. Got my 107 and took some mapping and structure asset certification classes. Starting to get serious and push hard for work.

I have an Air 3 but have an opportunity to get an E3 at a good price. Is it worth it at this point to buy it? I’d love to have a mapping drone so I can fully learn how to use it and get some practice missions ahead of any real work.
If you are serious about expanding your business and you can budget the E3 then buy it.
So many people try to cheap on equipment to just get by. When you look at the advantages and the jobs that you can do confidently with the E3 (Especially mapping) it is a NO BRAINER. I own an E3, 3T, Mavic 3 pro and a few other drones.

I just completed a 3300 acre mapping mission on Saturday with my M3E. It took the day. But because of its mechanical shutter and the ability to fly much faster, I was glad that I had it. Never would have been able to complete that large of a mission in a day with my Air2S.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom