DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cars.

97 Land Cruiser (half million miles and way too much stuff to list)

06 Scion XB (a few upgrades, but mainly a commuter)

Many people who live in areas where there it snows like to have trucks so they have something with 4wd. I had one before I moved south. My father just bought a new truck because he needs to have one vehicle with 4wd for the winter weather. He had a 4wd SUV and a 2wd truck. He sold the SUV and traded in the 2wd truck on a 4WD truck, thus eliminating the additional vehicle and the expenses that go with it. Today, a crewcab pickup is a 2 in 1 vehicle for many people. That's why they sell so many. You can haul a decent number of people and a bunch of stuff, just like an SUV. But, it's still a truck so you can still carry around the nasty stuff without having to worry about dirtying the interior. Myself, I don't really need a truck as much as I want a truck. It would make life easier to go to Lowes or Home Depot to pick up a bunch of mulch, lumber, or whatever. I currently use our SUV for that stuff, but my wife gripes about it each and every time. Plus, if I ever get enough free time to do more fishing in the next few years, it would be beneficial to have a truck. There are some spots where you need a 4wd to go fish off the beach (which I do have in the SUV) but a truck would be easier to keep cleaner. It's alot easier to hose out a truck bed than clean the interior of an SUV. That being said, I'd probably opt for a Honda Ridgeline as it's enough truck for my needs. Although, with Ford bringing back the venerable Ranger - I may give that a serious look. I can get the shop (required to have the companies shop do it actually, not do it myself) to install a power inverter up to 1000w. But I see a lot of reasonably 300w to 1000w inverters that can connect to a regular DC outlet like the ones in the truck. Anybody know what those outlets can handle? Best Power Inverter For Trucks (2018) | Reviews

Last edited:
My grocery getter. After two kids sold the vette, also have a 64 Chevy 2 project for the wife.

Cars are one of my weaknesses. I mess with them almost every day. Some are mine, some are not.
IMG_0745.JPGIMG_1132.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0027 (1).JPG
    IMG_0027 (1).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case