DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CE to FCC

Hi Webvan,
Will I still be able to achieve the distance range of about 4Km & all other specs with the 2.4GHz signal with my Mavic Mini. From what I understand the 2.4GHz is far better than the 5.8GHz band.
I've read comments on the DJI Forum & others on the internet about the EC model: MT1SD25 & it seems in Europe the performance of the Mavic Mini is terrible & bad.
I live in Pretoria, South Africa & I believe that the only model available here is also the EC Model MT1SD25.
This is also confusing as some Drone flyers say that it all depends on the area, surroundings & environment.
I have already ordered my Flymore Combo & should be here any day soon.
Do you think the problem in Europe will be the same here?
I've not heard or read about any complains here in S.A about the Mavic Mini... yet.
If you have read the above you will see my concern...
Thanks...
Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

It all depends on your environment but I have managed 2000m with the CE model on 2.4ghz in the UK.
I have managed 900m on 5.8ghz too but the tests of FCC models in CE areas have seen a max of 1600m over the sea with no other RF noise. It seems that FCC in an FCC region = EPIC.

CE is just limited but still, 2000m is a VERY long way to have the drone away as it's totally invisible beyond 200m or so!

It all depends on your environment but I have managed 2000m with the CE model on 2.4ghz in the UK.
I have managed 900m on 5.8ghz too but the tests of FCC models in CE areas have seen a max of 1600m over the sea with no other RF noise. It seems that FCC in an FCC region = EPIC.

CE is just limited but still, 2000m is a VERY long way to have the drone away as it's totally invisible beyond 200m or so!

Thanks for your reply, yeah, 2000m is actually more than enough as I will be using my M.M in open areas & at sea level during the December holidays. I just hope that my first flight performance will be okay here in S.A, can't wait... I will probably join an RC Club at a later stage once gained some confidence in drone flying as this will become my hobby.
Keep in touch, have a great day!

Can the bandwidth channels CE be changed to FCC on the Mavic Mini? (South Africa)
The FCC channels are available in the CE version as well (AFAIK), they just operate on less transmission power.

In any case read the manual BEFORE flying, there's good advice in there.....

The FCC channels are available in the CE version as well (AFAIK), they just operate on less transmission power.

In any case read the manual BEFORE flying, there's good advice in there.....
Hi, thanks for the info & advice... Greetings from sunny South Africa. Have great day!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vishal@12