DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charge the mini with the mavic charger?

Richard R

Reactions

I have the Mavic 3 which at the time came with the DJI 65W Portable Charger. I see that the mini 3 pro does not come with any charger but they recommend their 30W one. Can someone who understands Watts, Volts, Amps and so on please advise if I can safely use the 65W Mavic 3 charger with the mini 3 pro batteries, charging hub, drone… seems silly to have to buy another charger. Thanks

...advise if I can safely use the 65W Mavic 3 charger...

What you refer to as a charger is only a power adaptor that can supply up to max 65W... it's not a charger. The charger part that regulates the battery charge cycle with needed amps & shut off is within the battery in the BMS chip.

Use a power adaptor rated below what the battery can max handle & the charge time will be longer, less amps will be used, the battery temp will be lower & the charge will put less strain on the battery... use one above and the battery will use it's max set wattage but no more... & the charge will be faster, more amps will me used, it will be hotter & it will be put through it's max allowed strain during the charge.

No problem to use it at all...

What you refer to as a charger is only a power adaptor that can supply up to max 65W... it's not a charger. The charger part that regulates the battery charge cycle with needed amps & shut off is within the battery in the BMS chip.

Use a power adaptor rated below what the battery can max handle & the charge time will be longer, less amps will be used, the battery temp will be lower & the charge will put less strain on the battery... use one above and the battery will use it's max set wattage but no more... & the charge will be faster, more amps will me used, it will be hotter & it will be put through it's max allowed strain during the charge.

Thanks

True. 45w, 65w, 100w will all charge one battery at the same rate determined by the battery and it's state of charge.

Reactions: Richard R
Can anyone confirm the 65 watt Mavic 3 charger works on the mini 3 (not the pro)?
It doesn't work with mine.

The reason I ask for clarification is that the mini 3 and mini 3 pro are very different aircraft in some respects, including charging.
Another notable difference is that the DJI RC supports both but the RC-PRO only supports the mini 3 Pro.
The mini 3 is not available in the connection list.

I had purchased a usbC to usbC charging meter to investigate chargers and their compatibility with various Aircraft, remotes, and other devices. That was futile, none that I found or tried functioned properly. So...
I found this 100watt charger with a built in display that shows the voltage and amps at each of it 4 ports, 2 usbC and 2 usbA.
Check this out! https://a.co/d/3IGUpje
It charges my mini3 at 12 volts 2.4 amps (almost 30 watts) and powers my 3 port mavic 3 battery hub at 20 volts 4.9 amps (almost 100 watts).

Attachments

• 20230510_181749.jpg
    20230510_181749.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_