DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

charged batteries

Bob1956

Reactions
Charged my three MP2 batteries last night for a flying session this morning that just got cancelled. I live in a NFZ and won't get a chance to fly for a couple weeks.

Now I have three fully charged batts. After the GO4 update awhile back I've set them all to a 5 day discharge. Been wondering though if burning off the top 20% of the charge by running the simulator would help in any way? And that brought up another question. How can I keep a Mavic P2 just idling on the kitchen table?

If it’s the same way as with my MPP you just take both stick and push them down to the middle at the same time. This will start the motors and hold them at low speed, just don’t throttle up! But maybe you can’t override the NFZ anyway?

Reactions: lensimages
If the motors start, you can just remove props to run it safely inside.
You can also just leave it turned on with motors off for a while, muck about checking battery cell levels, camera settings, etc . . . or use adaptor (if you have one, fly more kit) to charge a phone or other devices..
In your situation, I just leave them to auto discharge (I have mine set for 5 days discharge too).

Reactions: WAXMAN and Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78