DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check this out... another idiot!

The original video had comments from the person who took the videos. He claims it was all legal..... He tried saying he took it from further back and zoomed so it looked closer.

Not sure I believed him.

The original video had comments from the person who took the videos. He claims it was all legal..... He tried saying he took it from further back and zoomed so it looked closer.

Not sure I believed him.
Well you will see this video more details are given.

He claims it was all legal..... He tried saying he took it from further back and zoomed so it looked closer.

Not sure I believed him.
There's no way that's true; he might get away with that claim with some people if he hadn't yawed the aircraft to track the incoming planes - by doing so, it's trivial to draw a vertical line from the aircraft to the ground to determine the location of the pivot point. He was slightly offset from the landing path and probably nearly above that ice cream shop from which he's controlling the Mavic.

Dumb to do it in the first place, but Darwin-award dumb to include himself in the footage.

just out of interest... wouldn't dji be able to provide a log to the authorities if needed? this would help prove he was in a nfz surely .. or would he have had to hack the drone to be able to take off in that area?

Reactions: Tazerdog
just out of interest... wouldn't dji be able to provide a log to the authorities if needed? this would help prove he was in a nfz surely .. or would he have had to hack the drone to be able to take off in that area?

This probably follows along the likes of Facebook, reddit, etc. when they are requested to provide private data on citizens. It all comes down to that company, country, standings between said companies, where is the data stored, US, Chinese or other country servers? If the country, which I believe this was in Israel, would have to choose to go to those lengths. I would hope DJI wouldn't just hand it over. I am probably the most cautious, law abiding pilot you will meet, but I still don't want DJI or anyone else handing over or looking at my data. If DJI wants to compile all the data for performance quality control, go for it, but just handing over a flight record because a entity THINKS you committed a crime is not ok.

I did think it looked like he mainly was just above the hotel or whatever which is very close to where planes are landing practically along the beach.
Not to say it was safe but I don't think it's quite as dangerous as first appears.

If the officals will get him and impound his Mavic they don't need support from DJI for getting the proofs out of the blackbox and log files. Ths can be found all stored on his mobile device or read out of the Mavic by Assistant 2 software.

DJI Response to this idiots video:

"As the world’s largest drone manufacturer, we stand ready to assist national aviation authorities as they investigate a recent wave of photos and videos showing clear and intentional lawbreaking in ways that pose real danger to manned air traffic. DJI cooperates with lawful requests from governmental authorities investigating crimes that may involve our technology."

Reactions: rhrpilot
I did think it looked like he mainly was just above the hotel or whatever which is very close to where planes are landing practically along the beach.
Not to say it was safe but I don't think it's quite as dangerous as first appears.
It's a NFZ, always, he is breaking the law.

Reactions: ZUCSTA
Its a NFZ. DJI dont designate NFZs - the authorities do. It doesnt matter what the drone has hard coded its ALWAYS the users responsibility to ensure he remains complaint. He also violated distance from airfield, altitude and distance from other objects.
Throw the book at him...and this is the reason DJI are being forced to put more and more restrictions in their hardware.

Its a NFZ. DJI dont designate NFZs - the authorities do. It doesnt matter what the drone has hard coded its ALWAYS the users responsibility to ensure he remains complaint. He also violated distance from airfield, altitude and distance from other objects.
Throw the book at him...and this is the reason DJI are being forced to put more and more restrictions in their hardware.

EXACTLY right gnirtS - hutch

This is actually a video of a guy giving info on the video in question.
I cant believe what im seeing.
Sorry if already posted.. please delete if so!

Well its Droners like this that are taking away our freedoms and fun, shame on you !

Are you that naive or just dumb?

Are you that naive or just dumb?
It looks like he's mostly hovering just above the hotel.
You can't tell how far the planes are from the hotel, it's hundreds of feet though.
They won't be brushing the rooftop. Where the drone is.

Obviously everyone is supposed to clutch their pearls and condemn the rascal.
And everyone know that drones are always zooming of out of control and hitting things.

This is actually a video of a guy giving info on the video in question.
I cant believe what im seeing.
Sorry if already posted.. please delete if so!

Awesome analysis. Thanks for your efforts.

You can't tell how far the planes are from the hotel, it's hundreds of feet though.

And everyone know that drones are always zooming of out of control and hitting things.

Dude. Stop with your dumb comments and watch the video. It was at MOST 85 metres from the aircraft. How you can say that is even remotely acceptable is beyond unbelievable. And just because one plane is on that exact line doesn't mean the next one will be. Planes come from all directions and line up for final approach from many different vectors. This is one of the most egregious examples of unsafe flying I've ever seen. If you don't agree, you shouldn't own a drone. I'm getting tired of people defending stupidity for the reason of "well, it LOOKS safe" or "he didn't hit anything, so it MUST have been a safe flight". Ugh.

Reactions: GerdS and Masheen

Except he was ABOVE the planes at one point...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta