DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from Ont Canada

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

If by upgrading you mean a M3 or similar, be aware a Basic or Advanced license plus drone registration is required in CANADA for any drone 250 grams or more. Depending on yr background, this can be anything from intimidating to downright depressing. I highly recommend attending a local drone school, you’ll learn a lot from meeting folks in the flesh with experience, find out what’s going on in the area & get advice on an upgrade.

Been flying the Mini since 2019 and considering an upgrade, plus need to learn more, seems like a pretty informative place.
Happy Flying!
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Kamloops BC welcomes another Canuck to the forum. As you mentioned there's lots of info here and help if you need it. As mentioned by @Ralph thompson if you are thinking of upgrading, Canada has little restrictions if you keep the weight under 250 grams like the Mavic Mini line. There's rumors of a new Mini 3 that may becoming out soon. Fly safe and enjoy!

If by upgrading you mean a M3 or similar, be aware a Basic or Advanced license plus drone registration is required in CANADA for any drone 250 grams or more. Depending on yr background, this can be anything from intimidating to downright depressing. I highly recommend attending a local drone school, you’ll learn a lot from meeting folks in the flesh with experience, find out what’s going on in the area & get advice on an upgrade.

I was leaning more towards an Air 2S Fly More combo, so yeah I'd have to get the license and register the drone for sure then, not really an issue for me, and I'd definitely consider some drone courses, all that seems to be near me is The Canadian Drone Institute | Drone Pilot Certification they have everything from courses for Basic Flight certification to Advanced commercial drone certificate courses. Interesting!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Kamloops BC welcomes another Canuck to the forum. As you mentioned there's lots of info here and help if you need it. As mentioned by @Ralph thompson if you are thinking of upgrading, Canada has little restrictions if you keep the weight under 250 grams like the Mavic Mini line. There's rumors of a new Mini 3 that may becoming out soon. Fly safe and enjoy!
Hello fellow Canuckian! lol and yeah I was aware of the restrictions even when I bought my mini, I always do a lot of research before purchasing anything. The mini still has its uses for me but would like to move onto something with less limitations like the Air 2S maybe. I still love the mini but might even replace it too with the mini 3. Cheers!

And thanks to everyone else for the warm welcomes! Seems like a very active, friendly forum.

Greetings and welcome from Kenora, Ontario (and Winnipeg). I did my ground school with Canadian Drone Training & Certificates – Candrone , and now have my Advanced Certification. I HIGHLY recommend looking up dondroneson.com and his material on YouTube is worth more than money! (I have an Air 2S, and love it)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat