DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choppy 4K video - sample file included

For what it's worth, I just tried playing some of these 4K sample videos on my new machine at work and they played fine. Even in the default movie viewer. So that would lead me to believe that the video files themselves are just fine - just as many of you mentioned. It's my older equipment that won't play it smoothly.

Here are those specs:
HP ENVY 750se Desktop PC
Product number: N3G97AV#ABA
•24GB DDR4-2133 DIMM (2x8GB+2x4GB) RAM
•2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6G Hard Drive
•6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K processor quad-core [4.0GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
•6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980Ti [DL DVI-I, HDMI, DP, DP, DP]
You earlier stated "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 which I think has 1.8GB of RAM." , but omitted any ref to it here. Whaddup? The essence of the matter.

For what it's worth, I just tried playing some of these 4K sample videos on my new machine at work and they played fine. Even in the default movie viewer. So that would lead me to believe that the video files themselves are just fine - just as many of you mentioned. It's my older equipment that won't play it smoothly.

Here are those specs:
HP ENVY 750se Desktop PC
Product number: N3G97AV#ABA
•24GB DDR4-2133 DIMM (2x8GB+2x4GB) RAM
•2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6G Hard Drive
•6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K processor quad-core [4.0GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
•6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980Ti [DL DVI-I, HDMI, DP, DP, DP]

What a difference the OS makes. My MacBook Pro isn't nearly this spec'd out.

Did you have a ND filter on the camera? Only time I saw any chop was while making turns. Like maybe high shutter speed.

Played perfectly on my 2014 Macbook Pro Retina i7 quad core 16gb. No lost frames. As posted above, maybe a slight visual choppiness due to sunlight. VLC reports 0 lost frames.

Last edited:
Video was just fine on a "Late 2015 i7 4GHz iMac 5K, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB, with 40GB RAM." Tried Quicktime and VLC.

I have the same problems and my equipment is newer than what you are using. My Visio 60” tv flat screen also has the jitters. I can run it straight from the source to the TV and it goes like 9,11,13,15.....it acts like it’s jumping over every other frame. If I shoot at the lowest choice. I forget the exact numbers, 1920x1050or some such thing. No problem. I also downloaded a media app called 5k player, that seems to help. I just think thAt technology hasn’t kept up with the video rates. I have had to downgrade lotta files for this reason. After I drop down to 1050 or even 720 they look great. This kinda defeats the purpose of having a 4K init. I am using a 2012 macmini and same year of MBP. My television which is newer than anything mentioned also has problems with the max resolution. Editing is out of the question. Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this jerkiness?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman