DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

choppy viedo feed

WARDADDY

Reactions
Ok so why is my video so choppy? after i take the sd card out of the drone and review the footage everything looks sooo choppy. im using a mack book pro with jus the base software using the quick view feature to check some of the footage out . what am i doing wrong or how can this be fixed ? the image from the controller to the phone is fine but after i go to do some post production im totally dissapointed with how choppy these viedos are

Are you playing back 4K footage? If so, your computer might to be slow to handle the playback.

Here some things you can try:

1) Copy/move the videos to your computer before attempting to play them.

2) Try using a different video player (like VLC media player).

3) If you don't really need 4K footage, then shoot in a lower quality (like 2.7K).

4) Use a different computer with better specs.

Last edited:
What @msinger states plus:
  • Look up the specs on your computer, most importantly the video card, and see what it can handle.
  • You did not mention what resolution you are recording at, but the image on your phone may be at a lower resolution to facilitate transmission and viewing.
  • Some "choppiness" can result from a shutter speed that is too fast. Using Neutral Density filters to slow shutter speed results in a slight blurring of motion that is more pleasing to the eye.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh