DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Christmas Day First Flight - Firmware?

Dragon2181

Reactions
Hey all happy holidays. Tomorrow I unbox my Mavic Pro Plat. I have been reading a lot and watched a ton of videos even before selecting for purchase. The big question for tomorrow is firmware. I don’t know what version it shipped with and I thought I read the app forces you to update during setup. I don’t want to get the firmware everyone is ranting about hating. If I’m already on the code that I can’t upgrade I guess I’m screwed but if I’m not any suggestions? Have the upgrade troubles from summer been resolved ? Any feedback is appreciated, happy flying.

Tomorrow basic checklist
Register for DJI care (DJI Website)
Register via FAA website (I think)
Re-read Manuals
Charge batteries
Drop in 64gig card
Do compass calibration
Change controls so left stick does forward motion
Setup in beginner mode outside
Have a safe basic flight

You can find a modified DJI Go version that doesn't force you to upgrade (illegal to post here, but you can Google). BTW, why in the world would you change the controller mode?

Hey all happy holidays. Tomorrow I unbox my Mavic Pro Plat. I have been reading a lot and watched a ton of videos even before selecting for purchase. The big question for tomorrow is firmware. I don’t know what version it shipped with and I thought I read the app forces you to update during setup. I don’t want to get the firmware everyone is ranting about hating. If I’m already on the code that I can’t upgrade I guess I’m screwed but if I’m not any suggestions? Have the upgrade troubles from summer been resolved ? Any feedback is appreciated, happy flying.

Tomorrow basic checklist
Register for DJI care (DJI Website)
Register via FAA website (I think)
Re-read Manuals
Charge batteries
Drop in 64gig card
Do compass calibration
Change controls so left stick does forward motion
Setup in beginner mode outside
Have a safe basic flight

Congrats on your new Mavic, they are a stunning piece of kit, not sure why you would change the controller unless your left handed I spose? I know a lot of people complain about the firmwhere updates but I have downloaded every single and to date I have had no problems, but you takes your choice. I always make doubly sure that the home point is recorded and after basic checks I let it hover for 20 seconds or so just to make sure that everything is ok, don't forget to charge your phone as well. Happy flying.

Don’t fear the latest firmware, works fine.
Unless your seriously left handed I would not suggest changing to Mode 4, learn to fly mode 2

I always use latest firmware and zero problems. Beginner mode to start and then have fun.

Let the criticasters be criticasters. I always fly with the latest software and firmware and have had no issues so far. Enjoy your Mavic and don't do stupid. Happy flying lies ahead of you

I am on the latest FW and GO4 and all is just fine. Use precision take off this will ensure home point is set and that you have enough satellites locked for a good GPS flight.

Happy flying

Congrats on your new Mavic, they are a stunning piece of kit, not sure why you would change the controller unless your left handed I spose? I know a lot of people complain about the firmwhere updates but I have downloaded every single and to date I have had no problems, but you takes your choice. I always make doubly sure that the home point is recorded and after basic checks I let it hover for 20 seconds or so just to make sure that everything is ok, don't forget to charge your phone as well. Happy flying.
Also don't forget to take off the gimble lock .

Thanks all for the notes. No issues today except for my iPhone crashing during flight. Good thing I read those manuals and videos and could land and power down with phone.

Thanks all for the notes. No issues today except for my iPhone crashing during flight. Good thing I read those manuals and videos and could land and power down with phone.
Did you update your firmware? What versions are you running (aircraft and controller)?

What IOS version are you on ?? If you are not on 11.2 then I would remove GO4 then update your IOS then reinstall GO4.

I always take every software and firmware update. Never had a problem.
Make sure you read the the manual and watch lots of Youtube before you get too ambitious with your new toy. There's lots to learn. It's a very clever gadget!
I use an older Samsung Galaxy S5 android phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada