DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cinesmooth instead of tripod??

A.O.

Reactions
Question... On my new MA2 when I switch the mode button on the front of the controller to "Tripod" mode it comes up on my screen as "Cinesmooth" instead of tripod, and up in the left corner its C mode , why is that and is it of any concern? I've had this guy not quite a week and did all updates when I set it up.

Question... On my new MA2 when I switch the mode button on the front of the controller to "Tripod" mode it comes up on my screen as "Cinesmooth" instead of tripod, and up in the left corner its C mode , why is that and is it of any concern? I've had this guy not quite a week and did all updates when I set it up.
No concern. That just makes it match the new Mini 2 controller. The marking on that controller says Cine not Tripod. Same mode. IIRC the original Mini said Cine in the app but this got changed with the MA2 to Tripod to match what the Mavic 2 has written on its controller even though Tripod mode is different on the M2's with side sensors. MA2 Tripod limits speed to 10 mph (no side sensors of course) where the M2 Tripod mode makes the side sensors active and limits speed to 3 mph.

You didn't say anything....
Your question is answered...Cine is very much like tripod...not sure why DJI likes to change names on stuff. Think of Cine/Tripod like trainer mode/ dumbdown mode..or even precision flying mode. New users will find that when doing a yaw pan, tripod mode smooths out their turn rate and keeps the jerky out of it and makes it nice and smooth and viewable cinematic. :)

Your question is answered...Cine is very much like tripod...not sure why DJI likes to change names on stuff. Think of Cine/Tripod like trainer mode/ dumbdown mode..or even precision flying mode. New users will find that when doing a yaw pan, tripod mode smooths out their turn rate and keeps the jerky out of it and makes it nice and smooth and viewable cinematic. :)
Is that why my roh does not work properly

Pretty much a different name for the same thing..
Yeah ... for the MA2 it's the same thing

1617191651892.png

But it's a pity ... in earlier AC models using the GO4 app, Tripod & Cinematic mode behaved very different & was each good in 2 different situations.

Tripod slowed down the maximum AC speed & made the stick inputs less responsive ... good choice if flying low & close to objects.

Cinematic on the other hand kept the original speed but made the yawing slower & extended the breaking distance ... nice mode to use for smoother flights when cinematic turns was desired.

Reactions: A.O.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman