DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clip length/Video length

Cliplength vs number of clips in a Video!

• Higher number of shorter clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fewer number of longer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Paddepanik

Reactions
Hello, Ive only just gotten into editing my material, and i'm not sure on how long clips and videos should be. I usually try and keep my video clips when shooting around 30s so that it's easier to handle in post processing.

What is ur personal preferences in:
videolength
Cliplength
Number of clips in a video

and if u have any other tips feel free to add!

/P

It depends on your target audience, and the style you are aiming for.
If adding music that will be very influential to the feel of it.
For a 'taster' that people will sit through you can pack a lot into a minute.
If you are making something to show others who know the area e.g. local landmarks 15 minutes or more might be fine, especially if you break it up with other material.
The golden rule is not too make it boring with too many similar, too long (wait it's more interesting in a minute!) or repetitive clips.

Reactions: Paddepanik
With my Mavic I generally leave the camera running for most of a flight. I can always cut out the bits I want to keep when I do the processing.

Length of the finished article is difficult. If I want to put it up on Youtube (A new experience for me) I think it needs to be quite short, If on the other hand I want to share a holiday with family it can be much longer with different shots from many different places. I am now trying to mix clips from my mavic and my handicam.

The audience makes a big difference.

Reactions: Paddepanik
With my Mavic I generally leave the camera running for most of a flight. I can always cut out the bits I want to keep when I do the processing.

Length of the finished article is difficult. If I want to put it up on Youtube (A new experience for me) I think it needs to be quite short, If on the other hand I want to share a holiday with family it can be much longer with different shots from many different places. I am now trying to mix clips from my mavic and my handicam.

The audience makes a big difference.

So u record clips of several minutes? I usually try to keep them at 30-60s. Might try and increase the length. Thanks for the tip

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78