DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Colorado Mavic FOUND in forest.

sdevincenzo

Reactions
Indian Peaks Wilderness area near Peak to Peak Hwy. Found in forest. Looks like it auto landed..Perfect shape. Have some video on card but nothing that could help identify owner except a vehicle and a house So if you lost a Mavic in the forest in Colorado describe it and let's get you back your bird.....

Sounds like a drone in good condition. Kinda rare for lost drones. Hopefully the owner is here to see this post and claim it.

Can you see a house number . Some places the drone must be registered and will have a number on it

You should be able to get the location of the house from the photo's exif data which includes the longitude and latitude where the photo was taken --- good chance the house is the owner's home.

Reactions: Air Or
You should be able to get the location of the house from the photo's exif data which includes the longitude and latitude where the photo was taken --- good chance the house is the owner's home.

The video files themselves also contain the GPS coordinates of the launch point.

Last edited:
HAPPY ENDING So after more than 2 months the owner of the Mavic finally called me and is coming to pick up his bird. The steps I took leading him to finally respond is a long story but he said on the phone tonight that he has DJI refresh and so hopefully will get a repaired one from them. I resisted the temptation of pulling it apart and fixing it cause I had a feeling the guy would eventually see my FB message and get around to contacting me. I'll take a pic and post it tomorrow. The drone sat on the ground through a Colorado winter freezing and thawing. The damage seemed to be only a broken gimbal cable and a totally shot battery after it auto landed. I hovered it indoors after pairing it to my transmitter. Thanks for all the suggestions-all were good and I may sit down and write the entire story -it's quite funny how this drone was lost and then found........

HAPPY ENDING So after more than 2 months the owner of the Mavic finally called me and is coming to pick up his bird. The steps I took leading him to finally respond is a long story but he said on the phone tonight that he has DJI refresh and so hopefully will get a repaired one from them. I resisted the temptation of pulling it apart and fixing it cause I had a feeling the guy would eventually see my FB message and get around to contacting me. I'll take a pic and post it tomorrow. The drone sat on the ground through a Colorado winter freezing and thawing. The damage seemed to be only a broken gimbal cable and a totally shot battery after it auto landed. I hovered it indoors after pairing it to my transmitter. Thanks for all the suggestions-all were good and I may sit down and write the entire story -it's quite funny how this drone was lost and then found........

I would love to read that story. Maybe you have a blog? This is the type of thing that's not only interesting but shows a nice act of kindness. I'm glad you were so nice to keep it so long and return it to the owner.

the location of the house from the photo's exif data which includes the longitude and latitude where the photo was taken

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54