DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass Calibration

Reactions
I’ve had inspired, mavic pro and now mavic2 pro! The mavic 2?requires compass calibration before first flight every day. It’s really a pita. Any solutions other the wait for firmware updates to fix it?

Don’t take this the wrong way but are you sure it’s really asking you to recalibrate? The app is very unclear and it looks like it wants you to press that button to calibrate but it really does not. The only time I have been asked to calibrate was today when I started the copter on my dryer. I moved outside away from the metal and all was fine. No Cali needed.

Ive seen quite a few threads and posts surrounding this particular issue, so it may be a thing or it may not. The main point is thankfully it doesn't take long to do the calibration and other than looking strange for a few moments doing circles lol

Also have only had to do Mine Once.
It has not asked me do it again, but only had about 15 Flights and all in the middle of farmland, distant from any Metal

when mine was new, only had to calibrate the one time. now because i travel hundreds of kms between flights, i have to re calibrate almost every time. It was a pita, but it takes less than a minute

My M2P has only asked for compass if I’m too close to my car(metal interference)

Other than that, it asked it on the first flight, when I drove 250kms to a remote area, and finally again when I flew back home after that trip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter