DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass Error, EXIT P-GPS Mode Mid flight, not saved in alert log

Kind of hard to believe the mavic when I was also there..... there was no breeze, the trees weren’t moving. Even the lake I was flying over was incredibly calm.
Can we take a look at your TXT flight log?

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Log does not show the Land ASAP warning, but I have a screen record of it.
Is that normal?
Seems to be trend for me - seeing warnings on screen but no record of them in logs.

View attachment 41125

Firstly, the warning is in the log, at 140 s: Jun 30th, 2018 08:05PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 4.2.21 on iOS | Total Mileage: 451 ft | Canada | Airdata UAV

Secondly, the warning was triggered by the wind speed at 170 ft AGL approaching 20 mph: Jun 30th, 2018 08:05PM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 4.2.21 on iOS | Total Mileage: 451 ft | Canada | Airdata UAV

Your website shows a lot more info than the one I uploaded to. I wonder why it doesn’t display that on the phantomhelp flight log viewer. I’ll have to use that website moving forward, it is much easier to understand.

I guess it must be true then.... it was very calm down low but very windy 50m up.

Last edited:
Your website shows a lot more info than the one I uploaded to. I wonder why it doesn’t display that on the phantomhelp flight log viewer. I think I’ll try and use that one from now on, it’s much easier for me to understand also.

So I guess at 50m there is that much more wind...

PhantomHelp displays some of the log information as a function of time directly in the web viewer, which is all that many people look at anyway (AirData doesn't), and always allows download of the original txt log file which is needed for in depth analysis (AirData requires a Gold account or higher for that). AirData does a better job of compiling notifications on one page, which can be very useful, and produces pretty maps of signal and GPS reception strength. The AirData wind speed algorithms are useful but also require a paid (Lite or higher) account to access. Both sites produce a (free) CSV file containing some of the more useful telemetry, but by no means all of it - hence the need for the original txt file.

My preference for exploring the logs, in the absence of someone posting the original txt log, is for people to upload to PhantomPilots and provide a link. I download the original txt log and might upload it to AirData to see the notifications and wind field in a convenient form, but otherwise just convert it to extract as many data fields as possible using @ferraript's txt converter. You can also do that with @BudWalker's CsvView, but only on a Windows box.

Reactions: MavicCF
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3