DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compensating for M3 purchase

Droniac

*see avatar: I’ve Crashed more than a Drone 🙄
Reactions
I’ts been obvious to me at least that M2P are going the way of the mammoth with the air2s bridging the gap. On DJI sight, for sometime has not shown the M2P for sale and now accessories as well. Love the bird. So… I’m Compensating by buying a boat load of M2P batteries. 🤷🏻(Wonder what the shelf life of lithium is…)

• Haha
Reactions: BSauce955
I'm pretty sure that the M2EA is going to be supported, and probably sold, for some time yet, and it uses batteries compatible with the other M2 versions.
Point taken. Thanks! I’ll still keep the batteries. Lol.

Reactions: tlswift58
Just curious . . .
Do the M2E batteries heat up when used in a regular M2 drone ?
Also how they do this, by using their own power, or is it when they are put into the drone ?
Automatic process when it senses temps below recommended for aircraft ?

Reactions: Droniac
Just curious . . .
Do the M2E batteries heat up when used in a regular M2 drone ?
Also how they do this, by using their own power, or is it when they are put into the drone ?
Automatic process when it senses temps below recommended for aircraft ?
No - that capability only works in the enterprise versions.

You can heat the M2E batteries without installing in the bird. Just long press (not installed) for 5 secs. But the battery temp has to be below 8 deg C I think. Self heating only starts below a certain temp. Then It works fine in any M2

Last edited:
Point taken. Thanks! I’ll still keep the batteries. Lol.
Can NEVER EVER have too many batteries for a drone! Wish I had 2-3 more for my Air2 - but at from $89-$115 a pop - that gets pricey real quick. Got 3 and charge them on the fly in my SUV (110 outlet) when in the field and may need a hot one soon.

Can NEVER EVER have too many batteries for a drone! Wish I had 2-3 more for my Air2 - but at from $89-$115 a pop - that gets pricey real quick. Got 3 and charge them on the fly in my SUV (110 outlet) when in the field and may need a hot one soon.
Sounds right to me 100%. As well as it’s not quite purchasing a “battery” as It’s investing in lithium. What happened to Amazon Basic DJI Lithium batteries for drones? Lol. 3 batteries still sealed in boxes. 3 batteries to use. @sar104 advise stopped me from ordering another 3. Lol.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersister300