DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

COMPLETE DISCONNECT FROM M2P

E90RAW

Reactions
Last night during flight #1 with M2P the SC screen froze and the GPS map as well. I could bounce back and forth between the two screens but both were frozen. both with the last image. The M2P was directed at me and so it flew overhead. I had complete control of the aircraft with the sticks. Left/Right/Up/Down all worked. RTH worked as well. I turned off /on the drone and that resolved the issue(on the ground). I have had this occur before and toggled out of the screen and back in while the drone was in the air but then I realized I had complete control. I dont like resetting the SC in flight as then you really do lose control temporarily. If the drone was out of sight the only option is RTH(obviously or not so). Just a heads up for people.

Reactions: SpitFire
Last night during flight #1 with M2P the SC screen froze and the GPS map as well. I could bounce back and forth between the two screens but both were frozen. both with the last image. The M2P was directed at me and so it flew overhead. I had complete control of the aircraft with the sticks. Left/Right/Up/Down all worked. RTH worked as well. I turned off /on the drone and that resolved the issue(on the ground). I have had this occur before and toggled out of the screen and back in while the drone was in the air but then I realized I had complete control. I dont like resetting the SC in flight as then you really do lose control temporarily. If the drone was out of sight the only option is RTH(obviously or not so). Just a heads up for people.
I just got the same system and had one odd occurrence of losing AC signal while it was overhead. I had to restart the SC to get control back.

Reactions: E90RAW
I just got the same system and had one odd occurrence of losing AC signal while it was overhead. I had to restart the SC to get control back.
Did you still have control over the drone?

How about restarting the GO app ?
The problem with restarting the APP is you lose complete control of the unit. I have done it but I feel safer landing the drone and re starting that way.

The problem with restarting the APP is you lose complete control of the unit. I have done it but I feel safer landing the drone and re starting that way.
Is the SC really that way?

With the standard controller, you could lose DJI Go completely (your tablet / phone device could actually power off) and the controller hardware still communicates with the aircraft.

I would be very surprised of the SC does not control the aircraft without DJI GO running on it. That would be a deal-breaker to me for sure.

Chris

Is the SC really that way?

With the standard controller, you could lose DJI Go completely (your tablet / phone device could actually power off) and the controller hardware still communicates with the aircraft.

I would be very surprised of the SC does not control the aircraft without DJI GO running on it. That would be a deal-breaker to me for sure.

Chris
I will try it again under controlled circumstances for the sake of accuracy on this site.

SC is way better than a phone, go4 may need relaunched in certain circumstances ,but a phone can completely shut down,and take much longer than you would? like to restart and launch go4.

Reactions: E90RAW and Gindra
I have had the same issue with my M2P. I use an iPad mini 4, which, as many have noted, could use some more processing to run DJI Go 4. I attribute the problem to the processing deficit, since closing and re-starting DJI Go 4 cures it. I can always RTH during the re-start, but but DJI Go 4 restarts fast enough that I have not stressed over it.

If you could still fly the drone then there was no disconnect.
You can restart GO4 and still have the sticks working.
I had this happen once and I just hovered and killed GO4 from the Recent menu and restarted it.
Just wondering if you were using the new firmware.

Reactions: E90RAW and Gindra
If you could still fly the drone then there was no disconnect.
You can restart GO4 and still have the sticks working.
I had this happen once and I just hovered and killed GO4 from the Recent menu and restarted it.
Just wondering if you were using the new firmware.
No, I have not updated the firmware.

You should be able to just close the Go 4 app, and restart it. If you press the back button a few times it should exit out of Go 4, and then just restart the app again. The controller should still work fine through the entire process. I know there is another way to get to a screen where you can close the app (or any that are running), but I don't remember it right at the moment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31