DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confirmed and stable android tablet with Fly app

Are you running the fly app or other dji apps?
I can run the fly app on my note 8, but I'm asking specifically about android tablets and the fly app.
So far I've only read one or 2 people successfully running a Tab S4.
My S5e and note 8 work flalessly with the fly app and the fly 4 app.

Created this thread so we can get a list of stable and confirmed android tablets that will work with the fly app.
So if you can post up what works for you, it will greatly help out the community.
Thanks everyone, and fly safe!
My S5e and Note 8 work flawlessly with the Fly and Go 4 apps.

Last edited:
Yes, Note 8 is a good choice. I happened to need another phone prior to my MM purchase. Found a deal and viola, a perfect fit for the MM. The brightness (1200 nits) is excellent, one of the brightest phones out there. It also fits in the controller easily.

Yes, Note 8 is a good choice. I happened to need another phone prior to my MM purchase. Found a deal and viola, a perfect fit for the MM. The brightness (1200 nits) is excellent, one of the brightest phones out there. It also fits in the controller easily.
With 1200 nits, makes me tempted to get one.

Bringing this back to the top. To see if anyone else is using an android tablet not mentioned earlier in this thread. While my Note 8 is bright, I'm looking for more real estate as my eyes aren't what they use to be.
Ideally I'd like to find an 8"-10" android tablet capable of running
DJI GO
DJI GO 4 MOD 2
DJI FLY.
As a side note I do have an Ipad mini 2 and 4. As good as they are, they won't run the Go4 mod 2 without some hacking. I'm not that confident to do it without the worry of bricking them.

I can confirm that the Samsung tab 8" (sm t-290) works with the dpi fly app. You won't find the app listed in the play store but can side load it without issue. Just make sure you are uploading the latest version of fly. The tablet only comes with 2 gig of ram, and only about 1 to work with after you turn it on. I found mine on Kijiji and only paid 100$ for it. I would rather get a tablet with 4 gigs of RAM but that will cost more than I paid for the drone.. I'm currently using my old galaxy otg adapter, that came with my galaxy s7, attached to a 3 foot charging cable connected to the tablet as I await the proper one I ordered online. The video feed is very fluid from the drone and I have tested it inside the house for now. I haven't tested it outside yet as its been too windy here but will post my findings later

Attachments

• 20200314_122548.jpg
    20200314_122548.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: greg409
I can confirm that the Samsung tab 8" (sm t-290) works with the dpi fly app. You won't find the app listed in the play store but can side load it without issue. Just make sure you are uploading the latest version of fly. The tablet only comes with 2 gig of ram, and only about 1 to work with after you turn it on. I found mine on Kijiji and only paid 100$ for it. I would rather get a tablet with 4 gigs of RAM but that will cost more than I paid for the drone.. I'm currently using my old galaxy otg adapter, that came with my galaxy s7, attached to a 3 foot charging cable connected to the tablet as I await the proper one I ordered online. The video feed is very fluid from the drone and I have tested it inside the house for now. I haven't tested it outside yet as its been too windy here but will post my findings later
Cool! Looking forward to the results.
Any chance you have other dji app loaded on it?

Cool! Looking forward to the results.
Any chance you have other dji app loaded on it?
I sold my spark but this tablet should easily run go 4. I use to fly my spark on a 7 year old nexus tablet with 2 gigs of ram.

I sold my spark but this tablet should easily run go 4. I use to fly my spark on a 7 year old nexus tablet with 2 gigs of ram.
So did have a Spark or a mavic mini? Seems like people assume that if dji go 4 works that the fly app will work to. But that is not the case.

So did have a Spark or a mavic mini? Seems like people assume that if dji go 4 works that the fly app will work to. But that is not the case.
I did have the spark but sold it last year before the announcement of the magic mini. The spark would work with lots of older tablets but that's not the case with the mini. For android, you need a phone or tablet that runs at least android 6 and 64 bit. I think all tablets from the last 2 years have this but not sure. Some work, some don't. Dji fly requires more than dji go 4. My old 2013 nexus tablet ran dji go 4 fine but not dji fly.

I did have the spark but sold it last year before the announcement of the magic mini. The spark would work with lots of older tablets but that's not the case with the mini. For android, you need a phone or tablet that runs at least android 6 and 64 bit. I think all tablets from the last 2 years have this but not sure. Some work, some don't. Dji fly requires more than dji go 4. My old 2013 nexus tablet ran dji go 4 fine but not dji fly.
But SAMSUNG T290 definitely works with FlyApp and Mini.

Can now confirm the tab A 8" T290 works well with the mini. I spent over an hour flying on a windy day today and am very satisfied with this tablet. I only flew it out 500 m but the image on the tablet was strong and lag free the whole way. I should also say that I fly from inside my vehicle and launch from the sunroof. I had to turn up the brightness to almost full but was very surprised that it handled the same as my phone with much less RAM. It took a bit longer for the app to launch compared to my phone but worked flawlessly. RTH worked, maps etc..

Attachments

• 20200315_143453.jpg
    20200315_143453.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • 20200315_143836.jpg
    20200315_143836.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: mullern88
Can now confirm the tab A 8" T290 works well with the mini. I spent over an hour flying on a windy day today and am very satisfied with this tablet. I only flew it out 500 m but the image on the tablet was strong and lag free the whole way. I should also say that I fly from inside my vehicle and launch from the sunroof. I had to turn up the brightness to almost full but was very surprised that it handled the same as my phone with much less RAM. It took a bit longer for the app to launch compared to my phone but worked flawlessly. RTH worked, maps etc..
Yes that model is confirmed. Any chance you run other dji apps on that tablet?

Hello everyone, I can add the XIAOMI MI PAD 4 tablet in its two versions, LTE and normal. The difference is that the normal one does not have GPS.
They work PERFECTLY

I have that same tablet, you can fly but the fpv video stutters about 2 seconds with Fly app 1.1.4 and Air2 drone. All un needed apps uninstalled on tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom