DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecticut

Yeah, there's a few way there. If u wanna do some flying together, let me know. My dream is to form a CT drone club, so as to exercise our drone rights. Happy flying.

Reactions: cabledude4619
Yeah, there's a few way there. If u wanna do some flying together, let me know. My dream is to form a CT drone club, so as to exercise our drone rights. Happy flying.
Hi brother. That sounds really good I've been flying around my neighborhood and in Goodwin Park over the golf course but besides that is not much open air space in the Hartford area, jut let me know and we can for sure get together. Iet me know your schedule I work till 5 M-F

I'm sorry, can you be more specific about this location you had mentioned before, thanks

I'm toying around with the idea... trying to figure out if we can register the club with an airport so as to give us a little edge and power. Please let me know if you have any ideas. I would like to get permission to fly a park once a month as one of the club's benefits, but I am thing way ahead.

Guilford newbie here. Trying to understand where I can and can't fly. Meanwhile, I was just flying around my house and a Sikorsky chopper came right above my yard between me and my drone, at what seemed to be around 250-300 feet high. When I heard him so close, I dropped down to around 150, but that was a little scary. Is there a way to know when they are out and about?

I found this thread yesterday while doing a Google search for places to fly in CT. I decided to join this forum even though I do not own a Mavic- just a Phantom 4 Pro because I could not find an active CT thread on the Phantom Forum and wanted to connect with other CT Drone enthusiasts. I promise not to start any Mavic vs. Phantom debates! Let me know if I am violating any rules by joining.

I live on Candlewood Lake in Danbury and am in a Class D restricted zone for Danbury Airport. I applied for an exception to fly within 4 miles of my house through the FAA Dronezone site and it was approved after about a week, so it is possible to get exceptions. I would be interested in participating in a CT Drone club.

Thanks,
Ray

Welcome ray... I'm in naugatuck... have any pics of candlewood lake to share with the class??
Now's the time to fly, nice and cool out, leaves changing color....

Welcome ray... I'm in naugatuck... have any pics of candlewood lake to share with the class??
Now's the time to fly, nice and cool out, leaves changing color....
Thanks for the greeting. I just took delivery of the Phantom and have never flown a drone before, so have not gotten any pictures yet. I also got a small inexpensive drone that I have started practicing with. I will be happy to share some pics of the lake area once I get the Phantom in the air.

Cheers,
Ray

Bumping this thread up.... been a nice couple of days here in ct.... took my mavic 2 zoom out yesterday, guess it's safe to say winter is over!! Anyone else been up in the air recently??

Funny this email comes in just now!! I just put three batteries and the remote on the charger (P4P)... going to get airborne this afternoon here in Canterbury!

Reactions: NXPRSS
We haven’t really had a winter so have been flying a few times each week. Just been pretty windy.

What a coincidence as I was thinking just today how I haven't flown in a while. I have the mavic 2 and I was trying to think where I should go and spend a few batteries learning intelligent flight modes because in all my drone flying life I have never used a single intelligent flight mode ever.

Just created a Facebook group called "CT Drone Pilots". We'd like to get it up and running ASAP and we are also looking for some moderators to keep the group in order. Please reach out to me if you're interested. I'd like to schedule meetups and such and share some of our nice shots.

Just created a Facebook group called "CT Drone Pilots". We'd like to get it up and running ASAP and we are also looking for some moderators to keep the group in order. Please reach out to me if you're interested. I'd like to schedule meetups and such and share some of our nice shots.

Joined and I’m available to admin as well.

Reactions: easyheimer
Wish I could be a part.... I'm not on Facebook, but I'll tell my buddy who has a spark to join. ....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu