DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecticut

Howdy from Stamford! Used to fly P4P, but ready to fly new Mavic Pro. And used to fly in Waveny park, New Canaan but getting bored after a year so looking for a new safe place to fly.

:)

KP

Reactions: Ed_usa
I'm in Purchase NY...which is bordering parts of Greenwich...if you folks are gathering, I'd love to attend!

Cool shots. Thanks for sharing! It was such an incredible experience and sight, I’m grateful to have gotten to experience it in person.

This was mostly with my P4P, but here’s a quick vid from Middletown and Haddam.

Connecticut River Icejam ... uh, Jam // Jan 2018 Haddam + Middletown
Really nice work. I grew up right in that area!

Are there any pilots in the New Haven County that have some good places to fly a drone. I just got mine as a Father’s Day gift to myself and looking to explore some good spots.

Are there any pilots in the New Haven County that have some good places to fly a drone. I just got mine as a Father’s Day gift to myself and looking to explore some good spots.

Where are you located?

KD

Howdy from Stamford! Used to fly P4P, but ready to fly new Mavic Pro. And used to fly in Waveny park, New Canaan but getting bored after a year so looking for a new safe place to fly.

:)

KP

I’m in Annapolis, MD...However, I just returned home from a week in Stanford. Got some decent video of the lighthouse and all around Shippan.

Where are you located?

KD

I used to fly homemade quads at Hammonasset, knowing it was a matter of time before I got thrown out. I wish I could fly the Mavic there, a great place to learn. Some park ranger told me I was lucky he didn't pull out his gun and shoot my drone out of the sky! Another told me I would be fined $78 if I came back.
State parks are out. Stay away from beaches in the summer with all the people, just asking for trouble.
Stoney Creek, Branford
Old Saybrook
Litchi missions, obviously not places to practice with the MP

Reactions: kenny d
Anyone in CT using Autopilot who’d like to get together to share their knowledge, tips, tricks, etc?

I’ve got Autopilot but have yet to engage it due to chickensh*t syndrome. I’m hoping someone local is using it and can help me check my mission setup and give me some guidance, before I crash my MPP into the side of a building.

Let me know.

KD

Just joined from Norwalk. Don’t have a drone yet, but used to fly toy/rc drones, and once built a Terex 450 heli that didn’t end well.

Waiting to see news on 23rd and will either snag the new pro w larger sensor or an air.

Plan to shoot off boat out of Norwalk a lot, and off of buildings roof top.

Naugatuck here, just ordered the mavic 2 zoom today... my first real drone.... bought a visuo xs809hw drone a few months ago to get me in the game which looks to be a Chinese clone of the mavic.... fun drone for the money, but only a 10 minute flight time...

Nice!! Mine is at the east granby fedex facility.. so mine will be here Tuesday!
Report back with ur flight!

Hi all, I tried it in beginner mode in my driveway and was surprised at how quiet and stable it is. I can see myself buying an iPad very soon as it's a pain in the butt taking my phone out of it's case and plugging it in to the controller each time. I've flown the Vison 2+ for a couple of years now so that's what I'm comparing it to. More to come!

Columbia ct here, any pilots close by? I fly3DR solo mavic pro and I just got my mavic 2 waiting to fire it up!!

Stratford, CT here. We should form a CT club and petition the parks director to officially give us a park to fly like they did in New Canaan.

Reactions: NXPRSS
Stratford, CT here. We should form a CT club and petition the parks director to officially give us a park to fly like they did in New Canaan.

For sure!! I just figured out how to upgrade all the firmware to the drone... (had a hard time since I have an android phone..) but got it all figured out and ready for my first flight..... unfortunately it looks like the next 3 days are gonna be rainy!....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore