DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecticut

With temperatures predicted to be in the mid-40s tomorrow, does anyone have any plans to fly? I'm thinking about heading up towards New Milford town park to get some images of Candlewood mountain before they start construction on the solar farm up there.

With temperatures predicted to be in the mid-40s tomorrow, does anyone have any plans to fly? I'm thinking about heading up towards New Milford town park to get some images of Candlewood mountain before they start construction on the solar farm up there.

Wish I could join you, but unfortunately I have to work. Hope you have a great flight.

Tim

I had a chance to get up to Kent for some footage.

Mike

Cool shots. Thanks for sharing! It was such an incredible experience and sight, I’m grateful to have gotten to experience it in person.

This was mostly with my P4P, but here’s a quick vid from Middletown and Haddam.

Connecticut River Icejam ... uh, Jam // Jan 2018 Haddam + Middletown

Be careful flying in Greenwich. There are drone nazis everywhere telling you that you can't fly.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I ALWAYS bring my tablet with the FAA app B4UFLY, and SHOW them that I have very right to be there. Also have your drone registered and your reg I.D. Most people are very impressed when you show them you are trying to be safe and within the law.

Attachments

• Drone Use Regulation Final Report for printing.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I can't recall if I posted this here before, but this is updated as of late last year for the northeast states. B4UFly covers FAA restricted airspace, but note that state and municipalities can restrict, too. According to the FAA, though, you can fly OVER Hammonassett, but according to the state of CT you can't fly FROM Hammonassett.

Also, CT is good in that it explicitly states that towns can't make their own rules. Mass is a nightmare b/c they don't have that and individuals towns pass all sorts of erratic rules. :)

KERMIT-0153.jpg

Reactions: kmacinct
Are there any active meetups around Hartford?

Haven’t heard of any meet ups in CT at all since I’ve been a member here, about 2 months now. But the weather’s getting warmer, and the suns shining longer, so maybe someone will put one together soon.

Ken D

Reactions: xxfreebird13xx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR