DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecticut

Where do you usually fly, Nxprss?

Eyeflight, this is my first real drone... I have been flying a visuo xs809hw around at my house... and I have not yet flown the mavic zoom yet... just got all the software downloaded over the weekend, that took some time to figure out as it wouldn't download the software through my phone... had to plug it into the computer.... and it's been raining all week... Friday weather is looking good. So hopefully that will be the first flight....

Places to fly in the Haryford aream
Is the Ferry Park by the ferry, I assume? I haven't gone up there. Just FYI it is just within the range of the Brainard Class D airspace. :(

I started mapping some places to fly from up the CT river - GaiaGPS - Drone - Flying Spots

The Rocky Hill town park up near the Rose Hill Cemetary is a great big open space, go out back past the dog park. I live out in the woods so a nice open space with no trees is wonderful. :)
Thanks so much for this link! I'm in Newington, near the Rocky Hill border, and haven't ventured too far out of town yet. Actually haven't been out of Newington or Rocky Hill yet. I've only had the Air for a couple months, but I'm finally comfortable with the controls and flying further out so I will check out some spots noted on your map. Thanks!

New Mavic 2 pro pilot here. I'm in the New Haven area. I'm too close to Tweed Airport to fly in my yard without clearance. so I'm looking for some good places to fly with minimum hassle. I'm going to check out Old Bethany Airport (decommissioned) in bit for my first flight; with me luck.

Also, It'd be cool to fly with some like minded folks, let me know if you'd like to meet up.

Hey Mikek203, I'm in naugatuck... have a mavic 2 zoom... wouldn't mind meeting up with u in the near future!! Howd u make out by bethany airport??

Hey Mikek203, I'm in naugatuck... have a mavic 2 zoom... wouldn't mind meeting up with u in the near future!! Howd u make out by bethany airport??

We did great. The flying was really easy and fun. I had to practically force my girlfriend to fly but once she started she was buzzing over our heads in no time smiling from ear to ear. My video looks like crap but I wasn't focusing on that aspect just yet. The Airport was busy but we found a big enough spot to be out of the way in. It's a great space for practice, I'll definitely go back. Let me know when and where, I'm going to try to go after work on Tues or Thursday this week.

Been flying last 2 days down at seaside park in Bridgeport...

Attachments

• screen_69dc5384ed38795f_1553714810000.jpg
    screen_69dc5384ed38795f_1553714810000.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 20
We did great. The flying was really easy and fun. I had to practically force my girlfriend to fly but once she started she was buzzing over our heads in no time smiling from ear to ear. My video looks like crap but I wasn't focusing on that aspect just yet. The Airport was busy but we found a big enough spot to be out of the way in. It's a great space for practice, I'll definitely go back. Let me know when and where, I'm going to try to go after work on Tues or Thursday this week.

Probably headed to the Old Bethany Airport again today, this afternoon most likely. Plan on playing with the camera today, need to start learning how to use this thing for it's intended purpose.

Mavic 2 Pro

It really blows not being able to fly from State Parks because those are some of the most beautiful places in CT and why not have people promote getting out and seeing CT?

I sometimes unwittingly break the law but I by no means do so intentionally.

New Mavic 2 pro pilot here. I'm in the New Haven area. I'm too close to Tweed Airport to fly in my yard without clearance. so I'm looking for some good places to fly with minimum hassle. I'm going to check out Old Bethany Airport (decommissioned) in bit for my first flight; with me luck.

Also, It'd be cool to fly with some like minded folks, let me know if you'd like to meet up.
Newbie here, located in Hartford, do you know a good spot with open space and no restrictions near me, thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50