DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connection lost

Reactions
At a flight this evening I lost connection. RTH but didnt reconnect on the flight back. Was only approx 300m away. LED on controller turned red and stayed red.
Never happened before.
Phone I use has no SIM card and is only used for flying.
There might have been some interference in this area but usually it would reconnect on the way back.
Flight protocol attached and it just stops where the connection broke.
Hope someone here has a tip for me what the issue could be. Afraid to fly again, should I bring it back to the dealer?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-07-11_[19-33-06].txt
    880.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Is there any other data I can share with you to find out the issue?

It was scary because the start point wasn't recorded accurate and it landed high up on a bastion which is normally not accessible. I was lucky in a way because if it would have landed 3-4 meters to the other side where it started it would have landed in the sea.

Is there any other data I can share with you to find out the issue?

It was scary because the start point wasn't recorded accurate and it landed high up on a bastion which is normally not accessible. I was lucky in a way because if it would have landed 3-4 meters to the other side where it started it would have landed in the sea.

You initiated takeoff before the home point was recorded, and with only 12 satellites locked - that's likely the reason for the location. The DAT file from the aircraft might shed more light on what happened, but I don't think that those are currently accessible and readable on the MA.

You initiated takeoff before the home point was recorded, and with only 12 satellites locked - that's likely the reason for the location. The DAT file from the aircraft might shed more light on what happened, but I don't think that those are currently accessible and readable on the MA.

Thanks for your help! downloaded the DAT files but can't upload them here and no idea how to look into them.

There might have been some interference in this area but usually it would reconnect on the way back.

so this has happened before and you continued to fly in the same area ? any reason why ?

so this has happened before and you continued to fly in the same area ? any reason why ?

no and no. Was flying in the area before yes but never had a problem.
What I meant is that there are other wifi signals. When I had connection issues before it was because it was too far away

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird