DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Considering use a ipad Pro vs the mobile I use now, question's

shutterup

Reactions
Hey yall.

I currently use a 6" 1080p mobile phone for my phantom 4 and mavic pro.

I've noticed a few times when checking the recorded footage seeing things that id missed when flying live, had I seen them, I would have take photos or done an orbit etc.

Will using the new ipad Pro 10.5 with 120hz screen give me an image that's more clear and viewable vs a 6" 1080p mobile?

Has anyone made the same change that fan give me thoughts of what the change did got them?

I've been flying since the p2 and always used a mobile phone.

Thanks

Hey yall.

I currently use a 6" 1080p mobile phone for my phantom 4 and mavic pro.

I've noticed a few times when checking the recorded footage seeing things that id missed when flying live, had I seen them, I would have take photos or done an orbit etc.

Will using the new ipad Pro 10.5 with 120hz screen give me an image that's more clear and viewable vs a 6" 1080p mobile?

Has anyone made the same change that fan give me thoughts of what the change did got them?

I've been flying since the p2 and always used a mobile phone.

Thanks

The 10.5" 4:3 aspect ratio screen will give you over three times the usable surface area compared to a 6" screen. If you need more proof, just go into the Apple Store and lay your phone on top of the iPad, you'll see what a ridiculous change it is to move up to a tablet of that size. You will be able to see fine details more clearly, because you don't have to squint to see them in the otherwise tiny screen. I like my iPhone X and its portability, but it really doesn't hold a candle compared to using a tablet with it.

I love flying with my iPad Pro for just that reason. Not only is it bigger, the Pro has a very bright screen, making it easier to see in bright daylight.

The iPad mini 4 is great if you want to use it in the stock holders, because you don't have to buy a mount. However, the minute you consider a tablet mount, it loses all desirability. It only has 56% of the surface area of the 10.5, it has a drastically slower processor (see Geekbench tests to see how ridiculous the comparison is), and it's not as bright. And, for the same price as a mini, you can have a 2017 iPad, which is also larger and significantly faster.

Reactions: TerKelDing
Personally I use the iPad Air 2 and I find that to be almost a perfect display to use for it. It is one of the brightest of the iPads and the anti-glare ability that it has is much better than most of the others. I have also added an anti glare overlay on top of it which makes this perfect in almost any daylight condition.
I also use the OtterBox on it and I have the MAV mount with the heavier bracket and I find this to be perfect.

Brightness isn't an issue as much as being able to see smaller details at height is

I use an Ipad Pro
I can honestly say it improved my ideas, since everything it's way clearer and details are easy to spot, therefore the creativity process is "enhanced".
Also having a clear image %99 of the time it's a huge plus; I used my Mavic with 3 different phones, and recording in S mode just wasn't for the cell phones.
A tablet has the ability and power to deliver what is required from the artifact to work at it's best.
I could keep going, but I'll keep it simple... if you can get it, go for it.

I use my 10.5 iPad pro and won't go back to using my iPhone 7 plus. I see more and picture is clear. What I did learn was to get a matte finish screen protector vice a glass one to avoid reflections or glares. I use mine with a mavmount 2.0

Depends, you want portability then the iPad Mini 4 is a good size. Less processor than the iPad Pro or later but the iPad Mini 4 to run the DJI Go 4 App is more than enough. In other words, it's an apples to orange comparison but for the purpose of using it strictly for drone flying, it doesn't matter. It's about size for me.

Thanks for the info so far

Does anyone have any pics of dji go running on a phone vs an ipad to see the detail difference please

I don’t see how pics will help you. You won’t really get a sense of the size difference to your eyes.

There is no detail difference, just more screen space. I just started using an iPad Pro 9.7. The resolution of the image or detail is limited by the transmission from the aircraft. At optimal distances, the highest quality picture rendered by DJI Go 4 app is 1080p@30 fps. The app is the limiting factor regardless of what Apple device you use. Future DJI consumer models may offer higher resolution transmission equal to the iPad’s capability.

Buy a cheap iPad Mini 2.

If you’re going to go buy one, I’d go with a 4 at least for future usability.
It’s already dated and it’s barely hanging on. A few more updates, and the 2 might have to go to Electronic Heaven [emoji17].
I have a 2 and 4. In fact, I have every version of the IPad.[emoji37]Just my opinion and experience, not trying to start an iPad war....

Reactions: TerKelDing
Just ordered a ipad pro 10.5 promotion .

Im firmly in the android camp since leaving apple at the iphone 4s , so this was a big thing haha but tghere just isnt an android tablet that comes close.

Just ordered a ipad pro 10.5 promotion .

Im firmly in the android camp since leaving apple at the iphone 4s , so this was a big thing haha but tghere just isnt an android tablet that comes close.
I've had four iPads but have never owned an iPhone. When it comes to phones I'm firmly in the Android camp --- currently on the Galaxy S5 and about to upgrade to the S9.

As much as I hate Apple it's hard to find a tablet that can compete with the iPad, and they work great with DJI's drones.

The iPad Pro, BTW, has a processor that's fast enough to be good at editing 4K video. LumaFusion is a great editing app. Not cheap as apps go ($20) but you won't find anything else even close.

If you’re going to go buy one, I’d go with a 4 at least for future usability.
It’s already dated and it’s barely hanging on. A few more updates, and the 2 might have to go to Electronic Heaven [emoji17].
I have a 2 and 4. In fact, I have every version of the IPad.[emoji37]Just my opinion and experience, not trying to start an iPad war....

Good advice.

I bought a 2 as they’re much cheaper second-hand. Got mine for £80!

Still, you get what you pay for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78