DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Constant firmware update failure..Great Bird, Crap software

Danno25

Reactions
Ok, so I've had this Mavic Pro since Tuesday afternoon, and while its been fun learning to fly the thing, I've spent the majority of my time with it trying to update the frickin software. Came with V01.03.0400 which is three versions old.
I've tried updating using the remote, phone (Samsung S8+), drone with GO4 software = failure
I've tried updating using the remote, pc (windows), drone with Dji Assistant software = failure
I've also tried updating individually on the pc/Dji Assistant, Remote updated fine, Drone fails every single time.

Thinking I've wasted my $$ on this POS.

I have a friend who has two and has tried to help, but recommended this site. I posted two days ago on another thread and have gotten no replies...so I'm creating another thread even as annoying as I know that is because I've about had it with this thing.

does anyone know how to update the batteries independent of the drone?
I'm thinking maybe its the battery, but I've tried all three that I purchased and same result.

Don't have much hair to pull out... so I'd appreciate any help you guys may have.

Dan

firstly don't be put off 0400 may be three versions old but it is still one of the best, many people are downgrading to it.

If you really want to get the update so badly (and many don't), have you done a factory reset on it. Then tried updating.

Also when you try to update what happens does it tell u it fails or does it just hang (i know one guy who tired over 200 times and has never managed an upgrade yet he still flies more than happy on his FW).

I understand your frustration as not everyone is having smooth updates you are not alone in this issue.

Also try updating to another FW before going straight to 0700 i am sure that woud be a long update as there is a lot in between.

but if you have not tried a factory reset try that first. If not try updating to 0550 or 0600 then 0700.

Remember it will happen, make sure the drone is plugged in to PC with a good cable and with nothing around it.

If you go the RC Phone route get the RC and phone as close to the Router as you can using Wi Fi.

Maybe some one will come along who had this problem

Also try with a different phone.

Oh and make sure those batteries are fully charged to 100 percent.

First off, thanks for the reply.

Yes I've tried the factory reset method, still failed.
Ice tried two different phones, two different pc's, and several different cables. It's definitely the hardware/software combo.

Gonna try reformatting the sd card next.

First off, thanks for the reply.

Yes I've tried the factory reset method, still failed.
Ice tried two different phones, two different pc's, and several different cables. It's definitely the hardware/software combo.

Gonna try reformatting the sd card next.
Actually that has been a problem for some, so may well be worth a go. and try going up one FW at a time.

Don't mean to take away from the post but can anyone tell me how to download the previous .400 this new one is junk and caused me to lose my Mavic and of course DJI would not fix it under warranty. I had to pay for the repairs. Thanks

Ok guys, I have finally gotten the Magic (and remote) to sw version .0700. I did this with help from an admin on the Dji Mavic forum.
First I contacted admin DJI Natalia who reconfigured my dji profile to include a beta sw version .0350 which I was able to downgrade to. Then after trying unsuccessfully to upgrade to .0600 I was about to torch the thing. But then I read through all the posts and fond the trick. Before upgrading to .0600, you need to start the mavic recording video. Then start the upgrade. Worked perfectly. Then upgraded to .0700.

It was such an exhausting process figuring that out, but it worked like a charm. Now to go fly the thing and see if it still flys correctly.

Gary7399, that may be an option to get you back to .0400 if you can get an admin there to re enable it on your profile.

Happy flying everyone.

Good deal. Thanks for the info. Glad you finally got your right....hopefully. Maybe I can get mine right now! This really should not be this complicated to do this stuff with the technology we have today. But I will try that. Thanks again.

Reactions: Danno25
Same problem. New mavic pro will not upgrade to version 9. Returned to retailer whose tech confirmed the upgrade fail. They are ordering in a new replacement. I did not know about trying to shoot video first as a possible solution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78