DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Contact information

Drewaz

Reactions
I'm wondering if it's a good idea to label the MP with some sort of contact information .... just in case.

Do you guys/gals do it?

Last edited:
I do as well as have my FAA #'s on it .
Lot's don't .

thanks for the reply ... where do you put the info? I was thinking about inside the battery compartment but I'm not sure how that would work. Taping a piece of paper there seems a little risky.

I put mine inside under the battery. Is just a thin piece of paper.
Look under your battery and you will see it has like a indention .
That's where I lined it up in mine .
No issue yet and I fly alot . I do Always check and make sure that battery has fully seated though and you should do that anyway .

Reactions: Wersh
I read a thread just the other day (think on facebook) about a mavic owner that had a RTH that ended up landing in someone's backyard on their patio. The mavic owner searched all over the area but left not finding it that day. Couple days later he got a phone call from the homeowner, (he ended up giving the guy a $75 reward). Got his mavic back! I have always had my FAA #, my name, phone # & email under the battery cover. The guy did say it took a couple days to get the phone call because it took the homeowner a couple days before they thought to look under that battery. Might be a good idea to have something on the outside of the battery also. Maybe a very small "open for reward" on the side of the battery?

Label maker works wonders. I've got my info on the arms, the bottom, and in the battery compartment. For reward call ...

I have all my aircraft labeled but it really is a double edged sword.
One the one hand you may get your aircraft back if it decides to go AWOL.
On the other hand, it could allow them to sue you for damages or injuries since they now know who you are.
Only YOU can weigh the pros and cons of THAT dilemma.
:confused:

I have all my aircraft labeled but it really is a double edged sword.
One the one hand you may get your aircraft back if it decides to go AWOL.
On the other hand, it could allow them to sue you for damages or injuries since they now know who you are.
Only YOU can weigh the pros and cons of THAT dilemma.
:confused:
I'd guess there is a way to get the registration ID from the bird and find the owner if someone was concerned about something your drone did

and, my homeowners insurance and umbrella policy provides drone liability for damage caused as long as it's being used for recreational flights.

Yes, I've got my FAA # and phone # on a piece of paper taped to the body and clearly visible on the aircraft. Makes sense if you have a lost drone, someone might call.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143