DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Continuous flight time

Kingpro

Reactions
What’s your experience with swapping batteries and continuing flying with the mavic air? I know we get roughly 20 mins per battery but is it safe to continue flying the aircraft or will it overheat if I keep flying and swapping batteries?

A friend of mine flew his Mavic for 6 straight hours, only stopping for battery and controller changes. These motors are good for hundreds of hours of flight time whether it be in a short period of time or over a number of years.

That’s reassuring. I assume an hour is all I really need. All I can probably pull of anyway with 3 batteries in possession anyway! Thanks

Reactions: Inspirephil
is it safe to continue flying the aircraft or will it overheat if I keep flying and swapping batteries?
Yes, it's perfectly safe to swap batteries right away and continue flying until you're done.

Reactions: Kingpro
Actually the motors would have a minimum and maximum temperature range. I’ve experienced temperature alerts while flying my previous Drone which was a Ehang when flying in the summer heat of Texas. Ambients of 98-99 F. Batteries were very hot to touch and motors where hot. Also had maximum lift reached in heat of Texas

My two cents

Long time drone fan. This is my first real power drone. Love the Mavic Air so far. Definitely buying more batteries and charger. Has anyone ever had a motor failure? Is it easy to replace the motors? or other parts?

What’s your experience with swapping batteries and continuing flying with the mavic air? I know we get roughly 20 mins per battery but is it safe to continue flying the aircraft or will it overheat if I keep flying and swapping batteries?

8 batteries back-to-back before controller needed charge. Several times. MPP had no complaints.

I have one battery. Have two more on the way. I have burned out motors on other inferior drones. I love to fly. So I wanted to get the most out of my Air. I have read other pilots get 5-8 continuous battery changes. Just wondering what the limit might be so I don’t cause damage by burning motors or other components.

I have one battery. Have two more on the way. I have burned out motors on other inferior drones. I love to fly. So I wanted to get the most out of my Air. I have read other pilots get 5-8 continuous battery changes. Just wondering what the limit might be so I don’t cause damage by burning motors or other components.
If teh drone handles 8 batteries back to back, it's not going to get any hotter if you fly 88 batteries.
DJI demonstrated flying one of their drones for 72 hrs continuously a couple of years back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem