DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Control settings

Aikidoamigo

Reactions
Hi everyone

A question which I am sure must be somewhere in this forum....

Once I put my preferences into my screen for all the settings I want, control such as flight height and return to home etc.... then for my photography on still or video - do they stay set indefinitely?

I wonder, as it takes a long time to get them all into the system, so they stay..... it seems a long while if I have to read- do each and everyone each time I fly.

What stays and what goes when I power off between flight?

Thanks for helping

True, never trust a firmware update. Always check every setting afterwards.
NB

What stays and what goes when I power off between flight?
All settings will stay in place unless you switch mobile devices or install new firmware on the batteries, remote controller, and/or aircraft.

When switching mobile devices, you'll need to set up the few settings that are stored on the mobile device. When installing new firmware, you'll need to set up the settings that are stored on the device where the firmware was installed (the battery, remote controller, and/or aircraft).

When you say battery.... do you mean that when you replace the battery on the mavic2 with a newly charged one, you have to update firmware / change settings?

Surely not?

When you say battery.... do you mean that when you replace the battery on the mavic2 with a newly charged one, you have to update firmware / change settings?
I'm saying the battery settings will be reset if new firmware is installed on the battery. The Mavic 2 battery has no configurable settings that are stored on the battery, so you don't have to worry about reconfiguring battery settings.

I'm saying the battery settings will be reset if new firmware is installed on the battery. The Mavic 2 battery has no configurable settings that are stored on the battery, so you don't have to worry about reconfiguring battery settings.
Yes, thanks...

It’s the ‘new firmware installed on the battery’ bit that confuses me. Is it more than just a battery then, does it have memory to hold updates etc in its own right?

My thinking is only that if you do a firmware update with a battery on your drone.... when you switch in one of your other batteries then that replacement one will have the outdated info on it.... how does that newer one then get updated?

It’s the ‘new firmware installed on the battery’ bit that confuses me. Is it more than just a battery then, does it have memory to hold updates etc in its own right?

My thinking is only that if you do a firmware update with a battery on your drone.... when you switch in one of your other batteries then that replacement one will have the outdated info on it.... how does that newer one then get updated?
DJI 'charger' is really just a power supply, there is some circuitry in the battery acts as a charger and monitoring system, it communicates with the drone during flight.
Not every time but quite often, firmware updates on the drone require each battery to be updated too.
It's usually a short extra step you can do in the field as each one is attached - a minute or two.
It would be unwise to skip this though you might be able to postpone it.

Is it more than just a battery then, does it have memory to hold updates etc in its own right?
Yes, it's more than just a dumb battery. It's able to keep track of the number of charge cycles, when it needs to start auto discharging (down to the storage level), perform the discharge process, auto power off to prevent damage, etc.

Some DJI batteries have configurable settings. For example, if using a Mavic Pro battery, you can set the number of days the battery will wait before starting to discharge down to the storage level. On newer batteries (like the Mavic 2 battery), that setting defaults to 10 days and cannot be changed in DJI GO since DJI chose to hide it for some reason.

If you're referring to battery firmware updates, you'll see an "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message in DJI GO (like this) whenever using a battery that's running old firmware. You should choose to update the firmware whenever you see that message.

Bonjour
Tout ce que vous avez dit sur le déchargement de la batterie a été expliqué. C'est pour cela que l'on ne peut plus prendre la main. La décharge se fait automatiquement en 3/4 jours pour ramener la batterie à 65% de charge. Tous les détails sur le manuel page 34
A+ patc45 bonjour de France

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31