DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

controller charging

bhull3

Reactions
Just got a Mavic Air 2 and wanted to find out about the frequency of charging the controller. I have 3 dots still showing on the controller after my first flight. Should I top it off, or let it drain to at least 1 or 2 dots before charging?

Just got a Mavic Air 2 and wanted to find out about the frequency of charging the controller. I have 3 dots still showing on the controller after my first flight. Should I top it off, or let it drain to at least 1 or 2 dots before charging?

That’s your call. Not sure if this is a right or wrong question

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Since DJI boasts a maximum runtime of six hours for the controller, even a fifty percent charge is good enough to run through three batteries.

Everybody has different regimens when it comes to charging devices and flight batteries.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I've charged mine once since I got it in early May. It lasts a long time unless you have an Android phone and it charges that whether you like it or not.

Is the battery in the controller a Smart Battery, meaning it will discharge after 10 days, etc? I don't think it is and haven't seen that in the manual or elsewhere but thought I'd ask. I've been wondering.

Is the battery in the controller a Smart Battery, meaning it will discharge after 10 days, etc? I don't think it is and haven't seen that in the manual or elsewhere but thought I'd ask. I've been wondering.

No it's not, the controller does not self discharge.

Reactions: Gealousy
Charge all 3 batteries up every outing. Charge my controller every other outing and never let it get it down to 1 dot. That's just me:).

Like all these batteries, it's a lithium ion polymer. It's best if it's not continually charged to 100% (particularly if you then leave it charging, say like overnight) or drained completely. Both of these put a bit of strain on the battery. Otherwise, just make sure you've got enough juice to fly. Three lights should be more than enough

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BentenL