DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Cop Hit By Drone at Funeral in Brooklyn" and similar such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

m chaussettes

Reactions
I attended an AOPA "Town Meeting" at Teterboro Airport years ago. The subject was how the news media reported private aircraft accidents. The president of AOPA was the speaker. He said that with the JFKjr. crash and the 12-year-old girl who got killed attempting to fly around the world, the AOPA got right out in front contacting news outlets and letting them know that they would be willing to comment and provide information about general aviation aircraft, safety, etc. They had a department that just handled such things in order to prevent the kind of sensationalism that we are seeing with drones now. Large groups such as the Airline Pilot Association and Law Enforcement get the airtime but are only providing one point of view. I could envision a Drone Operators Association that would promote the hobby and profession whilst keeping the BS under control. When every other country charges fees each and every time you contact ATC except the US, why do you think that is? Because of private pilot and aircraft owners associations organized efforts that have stopped it from happening. Much like the ATC privatization bill that was defeated recently. They are so effective that a tiny portion of the population who fly get to use for free the services of ATC and the FAA which every other taxpayer who doesn't fly is paying for. I would say that is pretty good representation. It amazes me that no one has gone after that in a big way.

Perhaps drone operators could benefit from a similar organization to speak for the hobby/profession?

Reactions: Cdcolt
I attended an AOPA "Town Meeting" at Teterboro Airport years ago. The subject was how the news media reported private aircraft accidents. The president of AOPA was the speaker. He said that with the JFKjr. crash and the 12-year-old girl who got killed attempting to fly around the world, the AOPA got right out in front contacting news outlets and letting them know that they would be willing to comment and provide information about general aviation aircraft, safety, etc. They had a department that just handled such things in order to prevent the kind of sensationalism that we are seeing with drones now. Large groups such as the Airline Pilot Association and Law Enforcement get the airtime but are only providing one point of view. I could envision a Drone Operators Association that would promote the hobby and profession whilst keeping the BS under control. When every other country charges fees each and every time you contact ATC except the US, why do you think that is? Because of private pilot and aircraft owners associations organized efforts that have stopped it from happening. Much like the ATC privatization bill that was defeated recently. They are so effective that a tiny portion of the population who fly get to use for free the services of ATC and the FAA which every other taxpayer who doesn't fly is paying for. I would say that is pretty good representation. It amazes me that no one has gone after that in a big way.

Perhaps drone operators could benefit from a similar organization to speak for the hobby/profession?
Just join the AMA it already lobbies.

Reactions: Madmax229
Reactions: deleted member 877
See below - a link to a news article about the incident:-

NYPD officer struck by car, 2nd cop hit by drone at rabbi’s funeral in Brooklyn

An excerpt follows:-

"The second officer was hit by a drone being used during the funeral. Police said the drone ran out of gas and fell, striking the officer in the head. The officer’s condition is not known. No one is being charged at this time, police said."

LOL - the drone ran out of "gas".

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
*** Thread Closed***

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members