DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Covid 19,and this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dirkclod hi my fellow fliers ,first i must just say to Dc that i and i am sure many others, did not think for one minute that you were trivialising this virus outbreak
my reason for starting this thread was merely to be grateful for this forum as a way of communicating with each other ,during this trying time
my health issues and age means i am in a high risk group when it comes to fighting this covid 19, but what will be will be i am still going out to fly when i can
humanity has fought these battles before and it will continue to fight this one, lets hope it unites the world in a common goal to stop it spreading

I'm not worried about myself getting Covid19, but I am worried about my dad getting it. He's 83 and has been smoking since he was 6 years old, has COPD, etc. I have a feeling if he gets it, he won't have an easy time. And he cant even stay at home because he has many court dates in the upcoming weeks and there's no sign yet that the court dates will be postponed.

So... why IS everyone buying up all the toilet paper?

Because some "social influencer" posted online to stock up on 2 months worth of TP, and herd mentality kicked in.

It's not just TP, but that was first to go. All of the grocery stores here are completely wiped out, shelves are all empty. I have enough food here in my house for maybe another week. It's not hunting season here, but if it comes down to taking a few deer out of season or dying of starvation you can bet your bottom dollar what I would choose

My city is basically on lockdown but the weather is starting to look pretty good for flying in the next few days. I cant think of many other hobbies that are so suiting to the current situation...

I may go get a 2nd mini for the wife, gotta make the best of things. I wish you all good health and safety in the coming months, play safe out there folks.

It's getting kind of weird here in Ca. Not to say it's a media issue, but our flying club decided to halt our BBQ meals at our site. But I plan to fly at our field until things get worse. I'm just amazed at the knee jerk reaction....TP shortage? Never saw that coming.

Lots of things are getting limited for purchase now in our supermarkets.
Today saw pastas and rice are 2 bags / products per person.
Not a roll of TP in the store, and no tins of BAKED BEANS or spaghetti ? . . . but stock holdings could change overnight with deliveries.
Weird for sure, people seem to be expecting to be home quarantined for a month at some stage.
2 commercial airline flights in past 4 days, people were masked up (and not just people from Asian countries, which you see a lot of anyway) and both flights were VERY light on people, like half capacity, which is unusual.
I'll probably consider flying in the coming months, is it really necessary etc, as airports are probably going to be one of the very high risk areas, along with any other place people go in numbers.

Lots of things are getting limited for purchase now in our supermarkets.
Today saw pastas and rice are 2 bags / products per person.
Not a roll of TP in the store, and no tins of BAKED BEANS or spaghetti ? . . . but stock holdings could change overnight with deliveries.
Weird for sure, people seem to be expecting to be home quarantined for a month at some stage.
2 commercial airline flights in past 4 days, people were masked up (and not just people from Asian countries, which you see a lot of anyway) and both flights were VERY light on people, like half capacity, which is unusual.
I'll probably consider flying in the coming months, is it really necessary etc, as airports are probably going to be one of the very high risk areas, along with any other place people go in numbers.
The date roll (poo tickets) ridiculousness has been on for weeks now- last few days rice, flour, anything in a can and just today no milk, bread or meat. We will starve before the virus gets us.

The date roll (poo tickets) ridiculousness has been on for weeks now- last few days rice, flour, anything in a can and just today no milk, bread or meat. We will starve before the virus gets us.

Well, I suppose people are seeing some countries being locked down for weeks, if not months.
Makes them think about what they'll eat, or how they'll keep hygienic in isolation for such a period.

Maybe there is something in the current stocking up trend, but it does seem a bit over the top.
It's not very Australian to worry about such things, we have a very laid back attitude, certainly apathetic to a lot of things.
From what I see it is mostly new Australians doing all the malarky in the supermarkets, like some have been (for years) buying up our good baby powder formulas and shipping it the their home countries, at great profit I might add.
It's almost at organised crime level.

I guess our pantry could keep us going for a couple of weeks, maybe we need to get a few more supplies, just in case . . . like many others seem to be doing.
Herd mentality or common sense ?
Whatever people choose to do, in a very short while we will see if this gets as bad as some predict.

I saw a news report today, US citizens are going hell for leather buying arms and munitions.
They expect something bad it seems, if food shortages happen and people get hungry, usually some sort of anarchy follows.

Let's hope some progress is made on vaccines fast, many are working on these.
It's unlikely to become available fast, so we might be hearing about this for quite a while.

Very interesting to see India keeping a cap on cases, only 114 confirmed, with their incredible population and a high number living in poverty.

It’s changed in the short time this thread was started.
schools closed here as well as all kinds of events. Folks hoarding stuff but you can go back in a few days and find stuff as they restock.We have a known case here in my county. Meh well I’m just going to keep my distance from crowds which I normally do anyway and being a hard core
hunter this last half of my life we good.( first half was a lover ?) only thing I do worry about and not that bad is wife still working and she’s a city Carrier with the usps so she’s around stuff from all over. They do take all the precautions but still. All this will pass but looks like it is going to take a little time. I do hope all the best and keep them hands washed folks.
dc..and I approved this post.?

We now have 5 confirmed cases in my country and the government goes ahead and closes school across the country for two weeks! My first reaction was "what the ...., isn't it way too early to do that?" I mean, this thing won't disappear in two weeks, in fact, it would probably be reaching peak around that time when schools open again. Thankfully, toilet paper hasn't disappeared here :D.

Okay, seriously explain to me, a non-westerner, what the obsession is with TP. It's not like you will die a horrible death if you run out of TP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661