DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CPU Fully loaded? How to "unload"

Vindibona1:

Before you spend any money, call Apple Care! 1-800-275-2273. Follow the prompts. You will be asked what device you are calling about. Hopefully, they will be able to help. I have done this for years without a service agreement. Be prepared to give them the IMEI number of your phone. Settings>General>About>IMEI

They may also ask for your device Serial Number. Also Settings>About>Serial Number

Ask the online tech to do a screen share with you. They will ask for your e-mail and voila! You will see their little red arrow on your screen. They will help you identify any data that can be discarded to free up some memory. Hope this helps.

Dale
Miami
I'm past due for a new phone and thought I was getting an XS Max last month, but that doesn't seem to be happening. The battery was replaced in this one two years ago. It blows my mind that the current batch of large screen iPhones are $1000-$1500. It wasn't that long ago that they were around $300, even if subsidized by carriers. But the carries got smart and stopped doing that, so instead provide small incentives. I just saw an ad for "Fi" Google's entry into the cellular carrier market. They're offering $300 of an Android- but not Apple. And right now I'm paying for two other family members' phone service. Perhaps that will change soon and they'll carry me for a time?

I've just been told that my daughter-in-law just broke her XR, got a 12 pro max and the XR could be repaired for about $100. I think I'm going to be getting that one and I'll be happy to pay for the repairs.

Reactions: Thomas B
I'm running my drones on an iPhone 6s plus. I'm not tech saavy when it comes to phones, so could use some education and advice.

I always get the message in the Fly app: "Mobile device CPU fuully loaded. Related performance will be affected".

What does that mean exactly, and can I clear the CPU so the message and problem will no longer appear? TIA
All the Mini’s up to 4 will overload. It has nothing to do with heat, there is simply too much data to crunch and it tops out.

the iPhone 8 works fine, I upgraded to a iPhone 12 Pro Max and it’s wonderful with a it’s 6.5 display and bright with its 800+ nit brightness.
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
What worked for me and my iPad mini 4 was to go into general settings
And to turn off the setting to allow apps to refresh in the background. (background app refresh). Like magic no more problems.
Since I posted the original message I have since acquired an iPhone XR to essentially replace my 6sPlus. But in doing so I have now pretty much dedicated my 6sPlus for flying. I like it a lot if only for the reason that it still has a home button. I tried using a screen shade on my XR and getting the screen to get tot he home screen or another app is a royal pain without the button. And for whatever reason I've stopped getting the CPU full message. Maybe no longer having a sim installed is freeing up resources that would otherwise be used by cellular service?

Since I posted the original message I have since acquired an iPhone XR to essentially replace my 6sPlus. But in doing so I have now pretty much dedicated my 6sPlus for flying. I like it a lot if only for the reason that it still has a home button. I tried using a screen shade on my XR and getting the screen to get tot he home screen or another app is a royal pain without the button. And for whatever reason I've stopped getting the CPU full message. Maybe no longer having a sim installed is freeing up resources that would otherwise be used by cellular service?
Another reason to use an iPad. Big screen, home button accessible,easier to find controls and no phone to go off while I am flying
Oh yes when not flying I stream regular tv, e mail etc as a portable tv to take into the bathroom while shaving etc

Last edited:
The problem with all the Mini's and Pro's is the screen is too dim for any serious work. I have a CS Ultra 7" but I hate using it since it weighs 4 times more than the transmitter that holds it.

Another reason to use an iPad. Big screen, home button accessible,easier to find controls and no phone to go off while I am flying
Oh yes when not flying I stream regular tv, e mail etc as a portable tv to take into the bathroom while shaving etc
To be honest, I'm growing fond of flying with goggles. But in doing so I keep myself restricted to very low levels in unoccupied areas and close in so that I can peek out from the goggles. The spacial awareness inside a headset is something I just can't get from looking at a screen, no matter how large. The other thing that the VR goggles can do it control the gimbal, both vertically and horizontally, though I prefer just up and down control. If I turn on all the movements in the HUD I can just fly the drone ahead and turn my head where I want the camera to aim. Takes some practice but a very cool thing to experience.

While goggles have their own place, they will never replace the freedon of having both the drone on a monitor and your wide field of vision. Anytime you fly with goggles you're at a disadvantage for safety of yourself and others.

Mike

I'm past due for a new phone and thought I was getting an XS Max last month, but that doesn't seem to be happening. The battery was replaced in this one two years ago. It blows my mind that the current batch of large screen iPhones are $1000-$1500. It wasn't that long ago that they were around $300, even if subsidized by carriers. But the carries got smart and stopped doing that, so instead provide small incentives. I just saw an ad for "Fi" Google's entry into the cellular carrier market. They're offering $300 of an Android- but not Apple. And right now I'm paying for two other family members' phone service. Perhaps that will change soon and they'll carry me for a time?

I've just been told that my daughter-in-law just broke her XR, got a 12 pro max and the XR could be repaired for about $100. I think I'm going to be getting that one and I'll be happy to pay for the repairs.
I've purchased two iPhones, a 6S Plus and a 8 Plus both were bought thru Tracphone for a couple hundred dollars with no contract. I myself have well over 20,000 text messages available and 10 gb for the internet. I buy a yearly card now for about and spend about $70 per phone.
If I mentioned how much phone time my wife has on her's you would lose you mind.
Oh yeah my 6SP still works great with my drones (MM and MA2) with no issues. The phones were bought on sale new in the box.
Flying in the hot summer can take a toll on the battery life I try to fly in the shade or use a sunguard.

Last edited:
I use an iPad Air2 with 3 birds, fly weekly and have never experienced any issues.

I've also added a iPad mini with 256 storage to my collection, it's my go to device now for 90% of all flights.;) A iPad could extend the life cycle of your phone. I bought mine on sale for about $480 I think. I even use at work on break times.

Still no fix for the mobile CPU overload message on an iPhone 6s?
I have had that more and more lately in all temperatures. with my 6S. The other day I cleared all the apps, put the phone in Airplane Mode and all went well. I don't know if that's the answer of more likely a new phone.

Honestly these phones aren’t fit for purpose now …. You can mess about with all the setting you like but there simply isn’t enough power for the app at the end of the day.

you don’t need to go to the expense of buying a new iPhone either unless you are indoctrinated into the Apple ecosystem without the knowledge or experience to exit from it and get real choice over devices.

i have a Samsung M31 which I get 2 days of battery life and has more than enough grunt for this app and others and the camera pictures get commented on ..the price , brand new , from Amazon here in the U.K. £245 … so upgrade your phone but be aware you don’t need to stay with Apple …. And for those who love apple this is not a pop at them ( I have an IPad and a MBpro ) so I know how good the kit is but it is overpriced in the phone market …

I am actually using a Samsung A51 as my primary DJI Fly app phone now.

However, there are features of the Fly App that I like and seems to apply only to the iPhone such as the option to for the controller to charge the phone and the satellite view of the map can be set as default.

Guess I will have to stick to the A51.

I stopped using the 6S early on. As others have indicated, shutting down all other running APS and switching to airplane mode got rid of the CPU warning, but I decided the 6S was just not the device I needed. (also too small and dim) I use a CrystalSky these days (actually have both a 5.5" and 7.85") as a dedicated device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54