DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji_dude

Reactions
Not having the best luck with fixing my mavic pro after a palm tree island crash earlier this year. I've been reading all the forums and following all the threads and watching all the videos and unfortunately I've hit the "wall". I dunno where to go from here and would appreciate your input!

I started with the low budget repairs: replaced ribbon cable and silver video wires - gimbal wouldn't center. Bought a brand new gimbal/camera assembly - no video feed. Bought a brand new vision sensor board - no video feed. Bought a brand new gimbal/camera/vision sensor board assembly - still no video feed.

Finally, I replaced the core board today and after successfully updating software, recalabrating vision sensors (via dji assistant on my desktop), and linking controller, I received a "camera sensor error: contact DJI" message (first time I saw that).

Do I throw it in the trash or part out what I have? I fear at this point I'm too far into the repairs that DJI won't be able to do anything to help me out (obviously I didn't get the DJI insurance or I would've sent it back months ago).

Any feedback is greatly appreciated .

Thank you for mentioning me @RayOZ

OP, since you have replaced the gimbal and core board, there might be something in the chain that you overlooked., it sounds like you have replaced all the components that would prevent you from getting video feed. The camera sensor error is usually indicative of a bad LVDS cable or the camera barrel itself.

Dont throw it away. It's probably something small.

With the new core board installed I even went back and swapped the gimbal/camera/vision sensor board to see if that was the problem but got the same error.

Only thing I haven't changed out are the 4 black ribbon cables that snap to the vision sensor board and the core board. What throws me off is that i was not receiving that camera error warning before I swapped the boards.

If you have already double checked your work, and youre sure that you havent missed something along the way, the only thing left to do is replace the parts you havent replaced yet.

Thanks for your help!

What are the names of those cables that connect the vision sensor board to the core board? I'll try to swap them out and see if there's any change. Are they an easy swap by chance?

Thanks for your help!

What are the names of those cables that connect the vision sensor board to the core board? I'll try to swap them out and see if there's any change. Are they an easy swap by chance?

It depends on what easy means to you. You have to remove the fan assembly to thread them through.

I have same error and. In change before. The gimbal cable and. Was working ok , but. Gimbal went crazy fast ..... so. I. Bought. New gimbal included. Of cables and. Same error but. Video feed , after. I change. The control board. And still same problem I didn’t refresh the firmware yet. , I hope same luck ( first time. My repair don’t work ,, I repair. Computer. iPhones iPad bebop drones : ( )

Did you find the problem in the end I have this exact same problem with mine and have replaced all the same parts as you ?

@Dji_dude did you get your drone fixed? I'm fighting with a similar issue. I was about to replace the control board on mine but I'm interested in knowing if swapping those remaining cables resolved your issue.

Hi, i am having same issues, Could somebody please help me. I got my drone crashed and now i am facing camera sensor error. I just replaced the broken ribbon cable that i could see actually was broken and the shock absorbing plate as well. Now i am getting no video and this camera sensor error. Please help me guys

Hey everyone, I have had the same issue, but I HAVE A FIX FOR THE LACK OF VIDEO FEED! It might be your firmware version. If you are running V01.05.0500, that may be why you are not getting feed. I had to downgrade to the previous version V01.04.500 through the DJI Assistant 2 desktop app. That fixed it for me, hope this helps!

Reactions: Gundamx9x1
Hey everyone, I have had the same issue, but I HAVE A FIX FOR THE LACK OF VIDEO FEED! It might be your firmware version. If you are running V01.05.0500, that may be why you are not getting feed. I had to downgrade to the previous version V01.04.500 through the DJI Assistant 2 desktop app. That fixed it for me, hope this helps!
I'm about to try this as many people don't know dji is trying to stop people from fixing their own drones like my dji mini had a gimbal error after a replaced gimbal and it wasn't until I downgraded and updated again that the error disappeared...i will Post an update

Reactions: Cyber3xpert
It's possible the gimbal had a firmware mismatch from the rest of the AC where a firmware refresh will put all components to the same compatible version. I would think the system would detect and report a firmware inconsistency though.

It's possible the gimbal had a firmware mismatch from the rest of the AC where a firmware refresh will put all components to the same compatible version. I would think the system would detect and report a firmware inconsistency though.
Okay so I went ahead and tried downgrading and got a update failed message about 40% through and retried in both dji go 4 and the assistant app and I even tried a third party app and no dice I'm guessing it's having trouble flashing the camera/gimbal module and also it's not giving any video/gimbal control but the odd part is that the calibration options in the menu DISAPPEARED! So although I have not exhausted all options it is becoming more difficult than I had hoped for, i will continue to update so we can find a solution

Can anyone update on this. If there is any fix.
I crashed mine and had to replace ribbon cable and video feed cable as my gimbal fell off after crash. Also 1 arm was broken.
I replace everything myself. And everything is working except no communication with camera and no video feed. Black screen.
I am not able to change any camera settings like it was disconnected.
Not sure if camera module is broken (no physical marks on it) or I connected video cable opposite way or the was some shortcut during the crash on main board.
For those who do not have video feed. Can you change camera settings ?

Can anyone update on this. If there is any fix.
I crashed mine and had to replace ribbon cable and video feed cable as my gimbal fell off after crash. Also 1 arm was broken.
I replace everything myself. And everything is working except no communication with camera and no video feed. Black screen.
I am not able to change any camera settings like it was disconnected.
Not sure if camera module is broken (no physical marks on it) or I connected video cable opposite way or the was some shortcut during the crash on main board.
For those who do not have video feed. Can you change camera settings ?
Try downgrading the firmware in the DJI Assistant desktop app. That worked for me.

Did that and still the same.

Looks like it's camera module or cable.
Is there any good place to buy camera module with good price. I am thinking about AliExpress as you can get there for around 60 USD but not sure about quality. They say it's used but in good condition.

Did that and still the same.

Looks like it's camera module or cable.
Is there any good place to buy camera module with good price. I am thinking about AliExpress as you can get there for around 60 USD but not sure about quality. They say it's used but in good condition.
I had to replace my camera, and I got mine off eBay, for about 260 USD. I don't know where you live or what your conditions are, but the camera module is the sole most expensive part of the drone. Usually is around 200-300 USD. So 60 bucks sounds like a scam to me. But like I said, I don't know the conditions of where you live on buying stuff.

It took me a while to realize I was just going to have to replace the camera, so I decided I didn't want to take any chances with my replacement part. I coughed up the chunk of money it required and eventually got my drone to work again.

I guess what I'm saying is, pay the money, don't cheap yourself out. It significantly lowers the odds of being disappointed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS