DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash vid: active track on car

Reactions

Apparently the Mavic doesn't do a full stop when the subject is lost.

Inertia... Any vehicle in motion, the Mavic, takes time and distance to decelerate and it just didn't have enough of either. It's just like your car, when you slam on the brakes it takes time and distance to come to a stop. You have to plan on it.

Why was the horizontal axis of your video tilted to the left the entire flight? Also some weird jitters in the video at 33 seconds? Sorry for the loss thanks for posting hope the damage wasn't too bad.

Yeah, the jitters were strange. Saw some reports of erratic camera movement during yaw, down to the latest firmware apparently... Hope your Mavic's okay

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Looked good until the crash .... you will have to ask them to cut that tree down for next time ..

Did you recover it ok ?

Yes, is there a thread giving more info on obstacle avoidance? ie range and if it can be changed setting wise?
So far i tried nudging slowly to a wall and it only really half kicked in at 3 feet. I'm not sure even then if it was fully stopping it and didn't dare press any further. It was vibrating and detecting it etc/ I couldn't imagine it stopping if going at any speed but then again the brakes may gradually kick in leading up to it, rather than going 0-100% immediately. Can you change the distance?
I also wonder how effective it would be coming into a wall at a very shallow angle. Imagine you were trying to go along a wall parallel facing in the same line of the wall. But you were slightly off and it was getting closer and closer to the wall. would it eventually pick it up in its angle of detection?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S