DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed a Spark.

Simmo

Learning every day!!
Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is from a member of our group over here in Oz.
He said that he took off from the center of a cricket oval, hovered a bit, then the thing took off in a Bee line and hit a dirt bank.
I've seen the video, and that appears what it did.
From the log, I think everything wasn't so bad at the start, but with no elevator input, the AC pitches forward and heads for the bank.
I think a couple of big control inputs right at the end may have contributed to it hitting the bank, and not continuing on into houses etc...
What do you guys think?
@sar104, this is the case I was telling you about. I'm not good at working out if there was a compass error or not!! (I might even be wrong with my thinking above?)

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I'm not good at working out if there was a compass error or not!! (I might even be wrong with my thinking above?)
Drone lifts off and climbs vertically.
At 0:25.8, 9 ft above the launch point the compass errors start and things don't go well after that.
That looks a lot like launching from above or close to a magnetic field due to some steel object.
What's under the grass there?

Its a cricket pitch?? Sprinklers wouldn't be on/under the actual pitch eh?

I'll ask for it. Oh, its a SPARK, can we still get the DAT file?
He can get the .DAT from the Spark. It's not encrypted.

Reactions: Simmo
Was this a spark being used without a controller.
I use a controller and my mini4 / Go-4 with my spark

465b7ae0e0e026c01caa3e65759fa1c7.jpg

I don’t understand this .
If a spark is using a controller then it is using GO-4 app .
How else can you get FPV on your viewing device. ???

I’m lost again

465b7ae0e0e026c01caa3e65759fa1c7.jpg

I don’t understand this .
If a spark is using a controller then it is using GO-4 app .
How else can you get FPV on your viewing device. ???

I’m lost again

Just confusion amongst the regulars. I guess it does use DJI GO 4. I mistakenly thought it had a different app.

Yup it 100% uses go for . If you look when you open a go4 app it controls many models

I don't think there is much need for the .DAT. It's a launch-from-a-geomagnetically-distorted-site incident. I don't know what's meant by cricket pitch. Is that a stand that he launched from and that possibly has some metal screws?

Last edited:
I don't think there is much need for the .DAT. It's a launch-from-a-geomagnetically-distorted incident. I don't know what's meant by cricket pitch. Is that a stand that he launched from and that possibly has some metal screws?

It's a cricket pitch. AKA an oval. 22 yards of lovingly tended grass. Very short grass. Wickets each end etc. Not that Australians know how to play cricket, of course.

I don't think there is much need for the .DAT. It's a launch-from-a-geomagnetically-distorted incident. I don't know what's meant by cricket pitch. Is that a stand that he launched from and that possibly has some metal screws?
A cricket pitch is simply the grass where cricket is played. Being that this area is where the bulk of the game is played, I doubt that there was anything under the grass?

Hey Guys, from the video, he was facing this way, (see pic) when he took off.
He then yawed slightly right, then it seemed to take off to where the flight log shows.
See the Red arrow in the pic, that shows the AC facing totally the wrong way?Untitled.jpg

Hey Guys, from the video, he was facing this way, (see pic) when he took off.
He then yawed slightly right, then it seemed to take off to where the flight log shows.
See the Red arrow in the pic, that shows the AC facing totally the wrong way?View attachment 66726

That does suggest a yaw error of around 90°, but the flight track isn't particularly characteristic of that kind of error. I really would like to see the DAT file.

Reactions: BudWalker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78