DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed a Spark.

That does suggest a yaw error of around 90°, but the flight track isn't particularly characteristic of that kind of error. I really would like to see the DAT file.
Thanks. Hopefully he will post it this afternoon.

Hey Guys, from the video, he was facing this way, (see pic) when he took off.
He then yawed slightly right, then it seemed to take off to where the flight log shows.
See the Red arrow in the pic, that shows the AC facing totally the wrong way?View attachment 66726
Interesting. I would have thought the heading at launch would be more like this
1553144383780.png

Also, when the Spark was at the location indicated by the yellow A the pitch was about -15° and roll was 1°. I.e., it moving almost straight forward along it's X axis. But the indicated Yaw (shown as the green line emanating from the yellow A) was straight backward along the X axis. That's a 180° Yaw error.

I did a sneaky and recorded this with my phone. You can corrolate where the Cricket nets and big tree are...

No DAT files yet...
Sometimes I wonder why I go to the effort, then call in precious favours over here, when I get nowt over there!!! ('NOWT' is a word for you @sar104.... a new one eh??)

I did a sneaky and recorded this with my phone. You can corrolate where the Cricket nets and big tree are...
There is a difference of about 5 secs between the .txt and this video. Adding 5 secs to the .txt yields the equivalent time in the video. At about 34 secs in the video the Spark rotates CW. Yet .txt shows a CCW rotation at this time (29 secs)
1553173898239.png
Don't know that I've ever seen that. Almost like gyroZ is backwards....

I take it back. We definitely need to see the .DAT

Last edited:
Interesting. I would have thought the heading at launch would be more like this
View attachment 66730

Also, when the Spark was at the location indicated by the yellow A the pitch was about -15° and roll was 1°. I.e., it moving almost straight forward along it's X axis. But the indicated Yaw (shown as the green line emanating from the yellow A) was straight backward along the X axis. That's a 180° Yaw error.

The initial confusion in the IMU looks like around 180°.

Graph1.png

No DAT files yet...
Sometimes I wonder why I go to the effort, then call in precious favours over here, when I get nowt over there!!! ('NOWT' is a word for you @sar104.... a new one eh??)

That would be a word up north, on the fringes of civilization.

Reactions: Simmo
Would Pause have stopped the AC?
Assuming the AC is in contact with the RC; will the Pause stop the AC or are there exceptions?
For pause to work, the aircraft has to be able to control itself.
This one wasn't as a result of the errors.
From 0:35.5 to 0:37.3 the flyer left the right stick centred.
But instead of slowing down, the drone accelerated from 12.6 mph to 22.4 mph.

Reactions: Simmo
This is his reply:
I went back and had another look...there wasn't another log dat log showing up for that day or with Fly017.....

This is his reply:
I went back and had another look...there wasn't another log dat log showing up for that day or with Fly017.....

FLY018 was just a power up for 500 seconds on March 1 at 0336Z, which would be 1436 local time. The flight in question was at 1326 local time, and the txt log shows a data index of 17.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada