DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my DJI FPV into the snow just to try something

RobbieRocker

Reactions
Hello everybody. Just to share my experience with the snow here. I was flying in N mode. I did not like the M mode. Still not flying with that or rarely let's say. During the snow time we had good recordings/shooting. Here's how I crashed it into the snow :

The drone stopped itself immediately and I was close to it. So, picked it up fast. I like this drone.

The title is puzzling.
Do you mean you deliberately crashed it into the snow?

Thanks for sharing. Could have been an expensive test

Hello everybody. Just to share my experience with the snow here. I was flying in N mode. I did not like the M mode. Still not flying with that or rarely let's say. During the snow time we had good recordings/shooting. Here's how I crashed it into the snow :

The drone stopped itself immediately and I was close to it. So, picked it up fast. I like this drone.
I gotta get me one a them!

I expect that I will put in a lot of "N" hours, and a lot of stimulator hours, before I enter the murky waters of "M".

Thx!

TCS

The title is puzzling.
Do you mean you deliberately crashed it into the snow?
I was wondering about that too.

Coincidentally, I just watched Empire Strikes Back on my new 4K TV. This reminded me of the up and down the snow covered slope scenes while they were searching for Han and Luke.

When I first saw that scene in the theater, it queased me out a bit. It will be a fair while before I get that close to the ground in my still-mythical FPV.

Thx,

TCS

Reactions: thispilothere

Why, try what? Seems like common sense, hit the soft snow and pick it up. What were you expecting, to destroy your drone?

Why, try what? Seems like common sense, hit the soft snow and pick it up. What were you expecting, to destroy your drone?
If a deliberate crash, does it seem like common sense? How hard is the snow? Could there be a layer of ice/frozen slush? How deep is the snow?

If a deliberate crash, does it seem like common sense? How hard is the snow? Could there be a layer of ice/frozen slush? How deep is the snow?
Seems like common sense to me. If the snow is soft, pick it up. If the snow is hard, you may damage the drone. If it's ice, you destroy your drone. Whats the point?

If the crash was a deliberate test I see and saw no point to it. Testing what?
By common sense I was suggesting that the 'test' had none, the crash site seems more or less arbitrary and the what lay beneath the surface of the snow was unknown.

If the crash was a deliberate test I see and saw no point to it. Testing what?
By common sense I was suggesting that the 'test' had none, the crash site seems more or less arbitrary and the what lay beneath the surface of the snow was unknown.
When I said common sense, that's what I meant, the test had none so why try it. So we agree.

I have a new experience now :
I was shocked to see that my DJI FPV was affected by the river flow-meter device ( I do not know the brand and the model at the moment ) and the drone lost the control .. flew backwards ... towards the river flow.

I checked the flight data on airdata.com and everythig seems normal at the log files. What I have noticed is the 'ultrasound' altitude was fixed at 6 metres for some seconds ... although the other altitude value increased or decreased.

What do you think ? What might be cause ? The EM application on android showed 60 micro Tesla over there. I don't knw what else I can do there. I could hardly save the drone by fflying up but then it hit the branches of a tree.

I appreciate your advise

FIRAT

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan