DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my drone, is it fixable?

Pedrolugo7

Reactions
Accidentally flew into a wall and it fell about 3 stories onto a concrete sidewalk. The front took the brunt of the impact. The front props broke and the camera mount broke and the frame split apart a little bit. The gimbal doesn’t look broken and the lens is not damaged, what it seems is that the mount for the gimbal snapped. Can this be fixed if so could someone ballpark me a price. 01683202-1466-4628-8D68-DD371092E728.jpeg0545A5CD-5E15-4DB4-8C48-9C1A41468957.jpeg81D58D00-02B0-4FBD-BA5C-1DB7BD5F3F1C.jpeg

Hello,
It is fixable for sure. I'd be doing this myself if it happened to me. So free labour for me.

As for the cost, I think you should contact @djidroneservice

PS. If you like to tinker and repair, I think the gimbal is probably broken even if it does not look like it. That section can cost around US50-100 for used parts or US150+ for new parts. The housing (top and middle frame) around US30 for a set. It is not sure if you did damage to the front vision sensors, those can cost around US40-US60. Best way to check is power up and see if at least camera view is available and focus is still working.

All these parts can be googled or searched in Ebay or Aliexpress or try Amazon.

You will need soldering skills with good iron for this job, as it involves transferring everything to a new middle frame (the main housing).

Last edited:
Reactions: Pedrolugo7
I am brand new, just got my zoom today after flying some much lesser drones but may I ask, were you flying with your front and rear sensors on?

WDK

That's the way I drove mine into my refrig. . Trying to get a beer with the door closed. What a dummy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos