DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my new Mavic Air 2 on small island in lake in Montreal

I'm itching to come help you out, but I'm a couple of hours drive away just outside Ottawa. My boat is winterized and stored away for the winter. If it was summer now, I could just bring my canoe. But the risk of dumping and going for a swim (gulp) in the St.Lawrence River at this time of year is unappealing. The weather is lousy all this week too, with high winds and rain. Really not ideal canoeing weather.

I'm itching to come help you out, but I'm a couple of hours drive away just outside Ottawa. My boat is winterized and stored away for the winter. If it was summer now, I could just bring my canoe. But the risk of dumping and going for a swim (gulp) in the St.Lawrence River at this time of year is unappealing. The weather is lousy all this week too, with high winds and rain. Really not ideal canoeing weather.

Thank you for the thought - I don’t blame you. A bit of luck today - I found a two man crew with a boat who will go out tomorrow to attempt to retrieve it.
The new MA2 arrived today. I’m planning to fly it over the rescue mission tomorrow to capture success or failure. ?
This is one cool video! How did you do that? You should enter a film competition.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Thank you for the thought - I don’t blame you. A bit of luck today - I found a two man crew with a boat who will go out tomorrow to attempt to retrieve it.
The new MA2 arrived today. I’m planning to fly it over the rescue mission tomorrow to capture success or failure. ?
This is one cool video! How did you do that? You should enter a film competition.
Phew. I'm so relieved to hear you found someone to help you. I was actually considering loading up the canoe today, but my wife thinks I'm nuts.

I have a (much) longer 10-minute version of that canoeing video. It's shot using an Insta360 One camera which has two fisheye lenses. Between the two lenses the camera captures a complete 360° spherical view. It digitally removes the long selfie stick and the camera itself from the recorded view.

I used it on my R/C model schooner too.

Phew. I'm so relieved to hear you found someone to help you. I was actually considering loading up the canoe today, but my wife thinks I'm nuts.

I have a (much) longer 10-minute version of that canoeing video. It's shot using an Insta360 One camera which has two fisheye lenses. Between the two lenses the camera captures a complete 360° spherical view. It digitally removes the long selfie stick and the camera itself from the recorded view.

Thank you. Your wife is wise. I’m just as far if you ever need help with a recovery; my wife says I can go to help. ?

Those videos are amazing! I’ll look it up.

Wow sorry about your crash, interested to see how this comes out. I'm pretty careful to always look where I'm going in the drone camera when I'm far away, but I've made plenty of other mistakes.

Reactions: Shismo and Bop
Wow sorry about your crash, interested to see how this comes out. I'm pretty careful to always look where I'm going in the drone camera when I'm far away, but I've made plenty of other mistakes.
Thanks. My first of many. All’s well that ends well. I’ll be posting how this turns out.

Flex your Canadiana, donne a dry suit rent/borrow a canoe, If I lived a few hours closer, id come get it for you in a heartbeat. Actually what about posting a help request on a canoeing forum. Canoeist are some of the nicest people you ever met, and i think most would love to use there skills on a rescue mission, with the nice weather we've been having up till last week its quite likely you'd find a few that haven't stored there boats away for the winter and would be inclined to provide a Christmas miracle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shismo
Glad you got it! Now DJI care can start working. Looking at the video I saw you were flying sideways when it crashed. That's one thing that is super easy to do! And I wouldn't even trust obstacle avoidance to prevent it.

Anyway, glad you have it back!
Side OA sensors aren't active in normal flight. Only in tripod and activetrack modes.

Glad you got it! Now DJI care can start working. Looking at the video I saw you were flying sideways when it crashed. That's one thing that is super easy to do! And I wouldn't even trust obstacle avoidance to prevent it.

Anyway, glad you have it back!tj
Flex your Canadiana, donne a dry suit rent/borrow a canoe, If I lived a few hours closer, id come get it for you in a heartbeat. Actually what about posting a help request on a canoeing forum. Canoeist are some of the nicest people you ever met, and i think most would love to use there skills on a rescue mission, with the nice weather we've been having up till last week its quite likely you'd find a few that haven't stored there boats away for the winter and would be inclined to provide a Christmas miracle.
Hello Neighbour! Thank you. The salvage was successful ?Sse the video of its crash moment.

Glad the recovery was successful. That would not have been as easy after a foot of snow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61