DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed!

Sorry for your loss, OA will not detect wires and small tree branches, and I never rely on it anyway.If OA saves the day, it is a bonus. Same goes for RTH, I never use it as a means to fly home, only for signal loss/smart battery etc.
I am sure you checked your flight area first, but personally I avoid any area with cables or overhead wires. It is very difficult to visually determine your distance from these obstacles.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Is this really the thread for cut/paste welcomes?
I've always found them a bit annoying and impersonal. "Oh a few new replies to that thread I was interested in, I'll check it out." Click it to find the only new replies are the same cut/paste responses I've seen 1000 times. I could probably quote them verbatim if I was drunk because I've seen them so many times lol.

Jeeez, his first post and people are already nasty on him. Welcome chap, I hope you feel welcome here and feel free to share, ask, and learn from this forum. 95% of my droning knowledge came from this forum.:)

Hi! Welcome to the Mavic forum.
Read everything here before you fly so you dont crash your new Mavic!

Now THAT's funny.

Ohh.... and sorry to hear about your crash.

I use a cell phone so I don't have to worry about those pesky telephone lines. You might consider it.

And video EVERY flight, then upload all your crash footage here for free Mavic apparel.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Collided with telephone wire and dropped to the pavement. I thought I was to careful to crash. Guess not.
Yes, telephone wires can be tricky since it's hard (and often impossible) to see them on a mobile device screen. I try to scout out my flying areas as much as possible before sending my Mavic up into the air. And it of course helps if flying VLOS.

Crashed my Mavic pro, had it for two weeks, in the shop now, bummed. Collided with telephone wire and dropped to the pavement. I thought I was to careful to crash. Guess not.
Howdy from Wyoming @Davey mavic pro , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Sorry to hear of your mishap, hope you get it all sorted.

Reactions: Former Member
Well it's in Introductions and staff have so many to welcome ,yes it is . I have way more forums than just this one to work MrsTreat .I am afraid I can't answer each one differently .
Oh...you didn't welcome our new member .:)
I've always found them a bit annoying and impersonal. "Oh a few new replies to that thread I was interested in, I'll check it out." Click it to find the only new replies are the same cut/paste responses I've seen 1000 times. I could probably quote them verbatim if I was drunk because I've seen them so many times lol.
Then maybe stop looking in Intro's if you if you find it annoying .
No, it is not. This is COPY/PASTE welcomes topic!
Again if your going to post in this section do welcome the new member all of you .
Now no more OT post guy's
Thanks and sorry Davey for the unnecessary posts .

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA. I'm really sorry for your loss, fly safe and have fun!

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 10.27.32 PM✨.png

Yes, I do use a pre-made welcome. I also add some things on occasion. I am an administrator on all 12 of our forums so you can imagine the amount of time it would take for me to give each new member a personalized message. I would like to, but it just isn't feasible. I can only hope my "copy&paste" makes new members feel welcome.

I guess I could change it. :D What do you guys think of this...

Welcome-To-Stoogles.gif

That is nice. I think that would be better than a typed post that makes it look like you are in the thread to visit, when you really are not.

Reactions: Former Member

I've always found them a bit annoying and impersonal... I could probably quote them verbatim if I was drunk because I've seen them so many times lol.

You 2 should go out and get drunk together. Leave the new members alone. They are all welcome here and your posts are off topic.

Well it's in Introductions and staff have so many to welcome ,yes it is . I have way more forums than just this one to work MrsTreat .I am afraid I can't answer each one differently .
Oh...you didn't welcome our new member .:)

Then maybe stop looking in Intro's if you if you find it annoying .

Again if your going to post in this section do welcome the new member all of you .
Now no more OT post guy's
Thanks and sorry Davey for the unnecessary posts .

Wheres the popcorn eater????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803