DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Criminal Drone Operators caught - Updated - NOT GUILTY!

But none in his country - he was quite correct about that.
There also weren't many in the years before that incident.

Does 7 shot & killed in a family massacre in May this year in Margaret River not count? He was not correct about that. How about 11 shot & killed in 2014 in 3 separate incidents? A drone ban would be a knee jerk, feel good, do nothing bit of legislation as many other laws have shown. We shoud just make drugs, murder, and guns illegal, therefore no more crime.Except criminals do not follow the law. That's one reason they are criminals.

Reactions: W2EJ
If you call an airport and say there's a bomb in one of the planes, the airport would stop the flight, shut down the terminal for a few hours and inspect the plane. This is going to be the next form of disruption. Some clown just call the airport and say they saw a drone flying around. They don't even need proof. Magic words: bomb, drone, etc. and there's chaos.
With everyone carrying a phone with a camera, anyone who calls to say they saw a drone must take pictures as proof. Otherwise they should be charged for making a false statement to cause disruptions.
I think after so many 'crying wolf', perhaps the public might soon get tired of this false alarm and no longer take these reports seriously. Until something really bad does happen.

Does 7 shot & killed in a family massacre in May this year in Margaret River not count? He was not correct about that. How about 11 shot & killed in 2014 in 3 separate incidents? A drone ban would be a knee jerk, feel good, do nothing bit of legislation as many other laws have shown. We shoud just make drugs, murder, and guns illegal, therefore no more crime.Except criminals do not follow the law. That's one reason they are criminals.
It's pointless to continue discussing this here.
I'll look up the incidents you refer to and see what I can find out and PM you if I find anything relevant.

Reactions: JDawg
Please delete any posts with 'guns' in them as opposed to locking the thread?

Blah blah gun ownership blah blah mass shooting blah blah...And folks, please don't debate the topic of "gun ownership" in this thread.

Kettle, this is Pot. Be advised: you're black. Over.

Seriously, if you open the can of worms, take responsibility for it.

Last edited:
I don't think there are are many who believe that drones will be outlawed but I think it's likely that much heavier restrictions will be imposed for recreational drone flights. It may very well reach the point where all operators of drones (that are not lightweight toys with limited range) will have to pass theory and practical exams in order to be granted a licence to legally fly their UAVs.

To kind of answer your question, unlicensed gun ownership was outlawed in my country in 1996 - there has not been a mass shooting here since that time. And folks, please don't debate the topic of "gun ownership" in this thread.
Reforms in 96 placed strong restrictions on the ownership of auto and semi auto firearms- licensing was always required. There is no evidence to support your claim and I think it’s a silly example. In any case discussions concerning guns I think may contravene forum guidelines.

Reforms in 96 placed strong restrictions on the ownership of auto and semi auto firearms- licensing was always required. There is no evidence to support your claim and I think it’s a silly example. In any case discussions concerning guns I think may contravene forum guidelines.

Let it go for Cripe's sake. Like I said before, I have already apologised for bringing up the subject in the first case.

Reactions: JDawg
Let it go for Cripe's sake. Like I said before, I have already apologised for bringing up the subject in the first case.
Apologies- I see that now that I have read further through the thread. Perhaps you should have just deleted it.

Rumours abound now that it was simply a white plastic bag flighting around in the wind..............

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Idiots working in airports.
Idiots flying drones over airfields.
Idiots in police and the army.
Idiots insulting innocents for nothing.
Idiots pretending they are presidents of some court, asking to crucify the innocent (and not only).
"Responsible" asking for more regulations, to prevent ...regulation violation. At the same time they are afraid that more ... regulations will come.
Idiots who vote for politicians, and after that claiming that those politicians are idiots.
People in hysteria, crying about their "lost hobby".
Idiots crying about their "lost privacy", posting at the same time selfies every 5 minutes, in social media.

With so many idiots around, yes, we are in danger.
Birds are laughing...
Clever guys earn billions selling "anti-drone" equipment (at the same time they maybe sell drones too).
Stay indoors. Out there are drones flying, endangering planes, pedestrians, private properties, the wild life, the whole earth, the universe, and your ... hobbies.

Reactions: Pietros
Except they weren't were they.? Not only where they released without charge, but the police are now saying they cannot definitely say there even was a drone. This along with the ill informed media commentary around drones and aviation law, and Irrespective of the fact that there already laws in place this fiasco shows 3 things.

1 Your hobby as you know it is effectively over.

2 No laws are going to deter or stop those intent on using a UAV for nefarious intent

3 The UK government , authorities and police have all been found wanting in terms of preparedness for such an incident. God help us if there is a no deal Brexit.

Reactions: Pietros
You can’t make it up.
7c9eef9244c00a44f222406769119713.jpg

Reactions: RayOZ and Meta4
Thanks, good idea but it's probably too late given that it's now quoted in numerous posts. At some point, someone will notify the moderator who will then remind the group in regard to the forum guidelines.
:rolleyes:

It is amazing to see the level of hysteria from this possible drone attack! Now they say there may not have been a drone at all. I'm sure that after the initial report, many people thought they saw one too. (just watch any show about ufo sightings) How come there are no videos, since everyone has a smart phone. Not even a good photo.
I am also amazed at the penalties. Possible 5 years in prison, huge fines or jail time if not registered in the USA, so far no one has died from the dreaded drones. In the USA approximately 30,000 people die from guns every year, and not one politician is asking for a ban on guns. Then some person reports a drone, an airport gets shutdown, and a married couple gets interrogated for 36 hours because someone remembered that they flew little plastic toys at one time.
Stop the madness. No more rules, no licensing for hobbyists. We are taking aerial photos with our tiny plastic toys, sometimes at less than treetop level. No laws will be able to control the hobbyist that builds their own quad, or R/C craft. Why make everyone pay the price for the few idiots that ignore common sense?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02